Is there one single song you can say you absolutely despise ? What is it ?

What's Hot

Comments

• proggy said:
    Too Much Too Young, The Specials. I really hate that song and that band.

That fucking singer's monotone flat voice makes me vomit.
    Wtf....... thats a quality tune kid. Urgent, energetic and poignant. Of course its each to there own and its beyond dispute that Terry Hall doesn't have the greatest vocal range, but its a classic of its time. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Rolling in the Fucking Deep by Fucking Adele.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9559
    The Final Countdown
    Simply The Best

Anything by The Pet Shop Boys
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    proggy said:
    Too Much Too Young, The Specials. I really hate that song and that band.

That fucking singer's monotone flat voice makes me vomit.
    Wtf....... thats a quality tune kid. Urgent, energetic and poignant. Of course its each to there own and its beyond dispute that Terry Hall doesn't have the greatest vocal range, but its a classic of its time. 

I just can't tolerate it mate, it's like telling me that celery is good for you, I can't tolerate it.

As you mentioned though, each to their own.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Very much each to their own. I love about half the songs mentioned so far :).

There is one I detest probably more than any other, but even mentioning it will probably make it start playing in my head again, so I won't.

It's not by Bruno Mars, Maroon 5, Bryan Adams, Scissor Sisters or any of the other usually most likely candidates though.

We Built This City On Rock And Roll might come close too...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    Oh let me add youre beautiful by james blunt...........heinous tune
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Oh let me add youre beautiful by james blunt...........heinous tune
    It's not THAT bad but it would definitely  sound better if James Blunt wasn't singing it. 

My pet hate is Knocking on Heaven's Door by Guns & Roses. It's a decent enough song when Bob sings it, it's Axel's strangled nasal whining voice and the fucking awful vocal delivery that gets me. Every time I hear him sing "door-awoor" it makes me cringe. November Rain runs it a very close second in the crappy hateful  song stakes, mind 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27105
    I agree with @ICBM in general. Lots of fluff mentioned here but mostly ok, and Waterloo is one of the greatest pop songs of all time, so there's that. 

For me, the only two I can think of are Build Me Up Buttercup by the Foundations (mostly scars from hearing this about 80 times in a single day in a school talent-show rehearsal thing years ago), and the Black Eyed Peas' seminal-pap I Gotta Feeling, whose title doesn't even make sense. "Gotta" means "got to", not "got a". Cretins. The fact that it's even remotely interesting is a wonder of modern production because the song itself is literally one hook played FOR FOUR MINUTES.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14294
    edited May 2017 tFB Trader
    I've got two to pick 

Lady in Red - Chris De Burg
    Tainted Love - 12" version by Soft Cell
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I wouldn't say despise for any piece of music although Gangsters Paradise came on the radio this morning and I find that incredibly annoying. 

My son has been studying the original version of Comfortably Numb vs the Scissor Sisters one for college and told me how much he hates the Floyd one. Again, I wouldn't say I despise any piece of music but I will say there was some fatherly pride...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14294
    edited May 2017 tFB Trader
    I've got two to pick 

Lady in Red - Chris De Burg
    Tainted Love - 12" version by Soft Cell
    sorry but I have to add another - just turned on the radio and playing at that moment was
    Come on Eileen - a sure fire most hated song
  • Mustang Sally ... My fingers tremble and sweat and clench into fist at those words from a pissed up punter . "Hey mate do you play that Commitments song?"
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1906
    Any of this modern rubbish with obvious autotuned vocals as an overt technique. Bloody kids!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6500
    Some serious lapses of judgement in this thread! Shocked by some of the songs mentioned.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Some serious lapses of judgement in this thread! Shocked by some of the songs mentioned.

I know. Chris de Burgh is awesome
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    edited May 2017
    Robbie Williams - Rock DJ
    The Monkees - Daydream Believer
    The New Radicals - Get What You Give

There are more but these three particularly stand out.

The opening 'duh-duh duh-duh duh-duh' beat of Rock DJ is like being stuck on a raft and approached by a shark but instead of a shark it's just Robbie Williams' shit eating grin staring at you for the rest of eternity, which is worse than being chewed to bits by Jaws.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited May 2017
    Karma fucking Chameleon... Oh and  Gold... Bat out of Hell.... Easy Like Sunday Morning... Devil Gate Drive... Nothing Compares to you...

Jeez - Pass me the Librium now!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    There are so many but, at the risk of revealing my age, the first to spring to mind was Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree by Dawn. The aforementioned G'n'R version of Knocking on Heaven's Door comes a close second. 
    More recently, any song credited as "artist X feat. artist Y" tends to = SH1T
    Link to my trading feedback
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2930
    Dance With Me Tonight - Olly Murs.

His voice makes me want to hurt things.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    stickyfiddle said:

the Black Eyed Peas' seminal-pap I Gotta Feeling, whose title doesn't even make sense. "Gotta" means "got to", not "got a". Cretins. The fact that it's even remotely interesting is a wonder of modern production because the song itself is literally one hook played FOR FOUR MINUTES.
    This too. I'm having to learn it for a function gig and bloody hell, I never realised how boring it was. Truly awful.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."