Covfefe

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
I don't get it. Why is this a thing now?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17662
    tFB Trader
    Are you not aware of it's origin (misspelled Trump tweet), or do you not get why people care?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I don't get why people are retweeting and reposting it as much as they can. It's a typo. We all do it. Why should Trump be any different? In an age of badly performing autocorrect and over reliance on MIR and machine learning it seems both petty and cheap to use this kind of thing as a reason to knock someone down a peg or two.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I don't get why people are retweeting and reposting it as much as they can. It's a typo. We all do it. Why should Trump be any different? In an age of badly performing autocorrect and over reliance on MIR and machine learning it seems both petty and cheap to use this kind of thing as a reason to knock someone down a peg or two.
    When that someone is so monumentally ignorant to believe that climate change is a hoax, he deserves to be knocked down at every opportunity! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17662
    tFB Trader
    People don't like Trump so they are using it as an excuse to bash him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    When that someone is so monumentally ignorant to believe that climate change is a hoax, he deserves to be knocked down at every opportunity! 
    Isn't that logic a bit ... stunted?

Knock someone down (or if you prefer, prove them wrong) for the things that they actually get wrong or believe, despite all the evidence. Don't "knock them down" because they made a typo. That's just ... well I think it speaks for itself really.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6097
    Because he sneered, denigrated and lied his way into the White House but doesn't like it when he's on the receiving end?
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5163
    I think Trump will survive this. In spite of the negative press covfefe.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2017
    Drew_TNBD said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

Knock someone down (or if you prefer, prove them wrong) for the things that they actually get wrong or believe, despite all the evidence. Don't "knock them down" because they made a typo. That's just ... well I think it speaks for itself really.
    My point was more that if you're going to say and do ridiculous things then you shouldn't be surprised when people jump on a mistake and knock you for it. 

Typo or not, if you addressed your country in person and say something that doesn't make sense you'd be challenged on it, why would it be any different because he wants to run his country via twitter? I guess any more than 140 characters and he starts to lose interest.

Read before you tweet is surely a fairly simple rule to avoid such hilarity in future. 
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

My point was more that if you're going to say and do ridiculous things then you shouldn't be surprised when people jump on a mistake and knock you for it. 

Typo or not, if you addressed your country in person and say something that doesn't make sense you'd be challenged on it, why would it be any different because he wants to run his country via twitter? I guess any more than 140 characters and he starts to lose interest.

Read before you tweet is surely a fairly simple rule to avoid such hilarity in future. 
    Trump's not the one who started this thread. I did. I'm not surprised, I'm annoyed and frustrated that a planet full of piss-takers decide to constantly pick the low hanging fruit instead of actually doing something constructive to fix things or help the world.

It's nihilism and should be stamped out.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Some of the reaction is just straightforward ner ner ne nerr nerr pisstaking, whereas some of it is commenting on the fact that none of his staff seem to be able to rein him in from making crazy after midnight tweets - it's not the most reassuring image...the most powerful man in the world getting all het up on his phone late at night.

The broader context is his penchant for off the cuff comments, some of which have very directly contradicted the lines taken by his own team....so generally speaking it's all "for god's sake someone get his phone off him before he does some real damage"

Of course, Trump supporters love the fact that there's the potential for diplomatic gaffes because he's "telling it like it is" and bypassing the fake news blah blah blah

Lewy said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Some of the reaction is just straightforward ner ner ne nerr nerr pisstaking, whereas some of it is commenting on the fact that none of his staff seem to be able to rein him in from making crazy after midnight tweets - it's not the most reassuring image...the most powerful man in the world getting all het up on his phone late at night.

The broader context is his penchant for off the cuff comments, some of which have very directly contradicted the lines taken by his own team....so generally speaking it's all "for god's sake someone get his phone off him before he does some real damage"

Of course, Trump supporters love the fact that there's the potential for diplomatic gaffes because he's "telling it like it is" and bypassing the fake news blah blah blah

At the very least he's showing the world that you no longer have to play the game. In a very real sense, the media are now useless to us. Now if only we could get someone sensible to take his place and have an informed populace that does it's own thinking, we might be able to get into a better state.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_TNBD said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

Trump's not the one who started this thread. I did. I'm not surprised, I'm annoyed and frustrated that a planet full of piss-takers decide to constantly pick the low hanging fruit instead of actually doing something constructive to fix things or help the world.

People laughing at someone when they make themselves look foolish is hardly a new trend. 
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

People laughing at someone when they make themselves look foolish is hardly a new trend. 
    Doesn't make it right. Or useful.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Lewy said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

At the very least he's showing the world that you no longer have to play the game. In a very real sense, the media are now useless to us. Now if only we could get someone sensible to take his place and have an informed populace that does it's own thinking, we might be able to get into a better state.
    I agree that what he highlights about the shitness and laziness of the press is useful. Their inability to let go of their old dogmas and methods in holding politicians up to scrutiny is beyond disappointing.
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248

Drew, did you find it funny when Ed Balls tweeted his own name?
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hertz32 said:

Drew, did you find it funny when Ed Balls tweeted his own name?
    Who is Ed Balls?
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    It's a concise little soundbite that can be easily presented as an entertaining* meme. Because this is now the language of the internet.

*Until it gets dead-horsed. Which won't take long.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22236
    Drew_TNBD said:

"In a very real sense, the media are now useless to us." - which they aren't. An oddly nihilistic statement. There's plenty of good media out there too. 

Without the media game, he wouldn't be there. He used it when it suited him, turns on it when it doesn't. 

Drew_TNBD said:

"In a very real sense, the media are now useless to us." - which they aren't. An oddly nihilistic statement. There's plenty of good media out there too.
    The point is we don't need them. They no longer guide us through life like they used to. They're obsolete in their current form. That's not nihilism.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22236
    Drew_TNBD said:
    The point is we don't need them. They no longer guide us through life like they used to. They're obsolete in their current form. That's not nihilism.

So this obsolete media - are we including Spiked and Rebel Media in this? Or are we just dissing media you don't like?