Covfefe

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26719
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

At the very least he's showing the world that you no longer have to play the game. In a very real sense, the media are now useless to us. Now if only we could get someone sensible to take his place and have an informed populace that does it's own thinking, we might be able to get into a better state.

"In a very real sense, the media are now useless to us." - which they aren't. An oddly nihilistic statement. There's plenty of good media out there too.
    The point is we don't need them. They no longer guide us through life like they used to. They're obsolete in their current form. That's not nihilism.
    It's fallacious logic in the context of this thread, though. If you believe the media are useless to us, then you have to accept the alternative - social media - and all that comes with it. Widespread piss-taking of a Twitter-addicted US president is one of those things.

Consider this, though: what if the end result of this is that his advisors start making more of an effort to stop him posting on Twitter all the time, in favour of spending that time actually doing his job? Would that not be a job well done?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Drew_TNBD said:
    The point is we don't need them. They no longer guide us through life like they used to. They're obsolete in their current form. That's not nihilism.

So this obsolete media - are we including Spiked and Rebel Media in this? Or are we just dissing media you don't like? 

Yes. We're just dissing the media I don't like. That's fucking EXACTLY what we're doing here. Ya dildo!
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

At the very least he's showing the world that you no longer have to play the game. In a very real sense, the media are now useless to us. Now if only we could get someone sensible to take his place and have an informed populace that does it's own thinking, we might be able to get into a better state.

"In a very real sense, the media are now useless to us." - which they aren't. An oddly nihilistic statement. There's plenty of good media out there too.
    It's fallacious logic in the context of this thread, though. If you believe the media are useless to us, then you have to accept the alternative - social media - and all that comes with it. Widespread piss-taking of a Twitter-addicted US president is one of those things.

Consider this, though: what if the end result of this is that his advisors start making more of an effort to stop him posting on Twitter all the time, in favour of spending that time actually doing his job? Would that not be a job well done?
    What's the phrase.... "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." - In Trump's case isn't it BETTER that he's on social media?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26719
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

What's the phrase.... "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." - In Trump's case isn't it BETTER that he's on social media?
    Ordinarily, yes...however, doubt as to whether he's a fool was removed long before he won the election, and right now it strikes me that he has rather more important things to be doing than posting on Twitter.
    <space for hire>
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22236
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

So this obsolete media - are we including Spiked and Rebel Media in this? Or are we just dissing media you don't like? 

Yes. We're just dissing the media I don't like. That's fucking EXACTLY what we're doing here. Ya dildo!
    Then get specific. Coming out with "they're obsolete in their current form" - who are they? In the above quote from you, you've used the words "we", "they" and "us". I actually don't know who the we, the us, and the they are in this case. 

And I'm more Arab strap than dildo :)

Drew_TNBD said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

Then get specific. Coming out with "they're obsolete in their current form" - who are they? In the above quote from you, you've used the words "we", "they" and "us". I actually don't know who the we, the us, and the they are in this case. 

And I'm more Arab strap than dildo :)
    I don't want to get specific. I want to generalise and stereotype and rant. And you're way more of a dildo than an Arab.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22236
    edited June 2017
    Now you're thinking of me wrapped round your balls. D MAH MISSION IS CUMPLETE

• TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    On it's own the covfefe tweet is snigger worthy but in the context of the carnival that is Trump  it's amusing to watch such an incompetent make a complete buffoon of himself.

It's" funny" until you realize Trumpet is president....

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I didn't find it that funny - he made a spelling mistake and sent it without correcting, big deal.   President or not, it's just not that funny.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    I didn't find it that funny - he made a spelling mistake and sent it without correcting, big deal.   President or not, it's just not that funny.  
    Sorta where I fall on it. Although I'm a cunt so I'll make it into a bigger statement about our society just to score brownie points on the internets.

LIFE HAAAACCCKKKK !!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33826
    edited June 2017
    Drew_TNBD said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I don't get why people are retweeting and reposting it as much as they can. It's a typo. We all do it. Why should Trump be any different? In an age of badly performing autocorrect and over reliance on MIR and machine learning it seems both petty and cheap to use this kind of thing as a reason to knock someone down a peg or two.
    When that someone is so monumentally ignorant to believe that climate change is a hoax, he deserves to be knocked down at every opportunity! 
    Isn't that logic a bit ... stunted?

Knock someone down (or if you prefer, prove them wrong) for the things that they actually get wrong or believe, despite all the evidence. Don't "knock them down" because they made a typo. That's just ... well I think it speaks for itself really.
    My point was more that if you're going to say and do ridiculous things then you shouldn't be surprised when people jump on a mistake and knock you for it. 

Typo or not, if you addressed your country in person and say something that doesn't make sense you'd be challenged on it, why would it be any different because he wants to run his country via twitter? I guess any more than 140 characters and he starts to lose interest.

Read before you tweet is surely a fairly simple rule to avoid such hilarity in future. 
    Trump's not the one who started this thread. I did. I'm not surprised, I'm annoyed and frustrated that a planet full of piss-takers decide to constantly pick the low hanging fruit instead of actually doing something constructive to fix things or help the world.

It's nihilism and should be stamped out.
    People laughing at someone when they make themselves look foolish is hardly a new trend. 
    Doesn't make it right. Or useful.
    I agree that is is stupid to take the piss out of a spelling mistake- I'm disappointed that this has happened.

What has been interesting is how Sean Spicer didn't say 'it was a spelling mistake, hands up who has never made a spelling mistake on twitter'.
    What he said was something to the effect of 'people in the administration knew what he meant'- which makes it a bigger story than it is.
    It also becomes somehow emblematic of the alternative reality the Trump administration occupies- the one where tTump never makes a mistake, is always completely right and everyone else is wrong and an idiot for not knowing it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    The meme I really want to see is Frank Muir with a rakish grin holding up a card with "Covfefe: BLUFF" but I think Call My Bluff is before the time of anyone who'd be minded to create it....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2017
    LOL.

I bet she is wearing Doc Martins.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ughhh!! Kill it with dicks!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Ughhh!! Kill it with dicks!!
    Did you just fart? :)
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5549
    Nearest I could do,  @Lewy

http://i.imgur.com/jm7CGRz.jpg

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    DiscoStu said:

AMAZING!!! Thank you :)

Can I share that?
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5549
    Lewy said:
    DiscoStu said:

AMAZING!!! Thank you :)

Can I share that?
    Sure. I'm a giver!
  • dtrdtr Frets: 1037
    It's a thing now because the Presidency still has consequence.  Until Trump, presidents (Republican and Democrat alike) considered the consequences of their communications because that is the basic and most fundamental act of leadership.  All would have been appalled at the thought of anything so incomplete and garbled that it reads like the brain-fart of a 1am drunk coming into the public domain.

Sure, everyone makes mistakes, just like everyone shits, pisses and wanks, but that doesn't mean we should get to see the President doing it.  And considering I'd judge the odds of us all getting a chuckle at some grainy spycam footage emerging where we get to watch Trump do some/all of those things on/with a Russian hooker at around 50/50, there's good reason for this to be a thing.

That Trump might spout random garbled shite should be fine.  That he thinks it's of no consequence to the office of the Presidency and the US when he does so in public is stupid and indefensible.  It suggests he thinks that leadership is the reward he's owed by the world, rather than the responsibility he has to step up to.  It suggests he doesn't understand what the basics of the job are, and isn't competent to carry it out.  

What worries me more than Trump is the continued support of him.  There's a growing trend of partisanship at all costs that is outright dangerous.  The idea that it's worth backing something stupid and dangerous it it lets your side win is misguided, whether its SJWs witch-hunting considered and thoughtful teachers like Brett Weinstein, or Republicans backing Trump.  Ultimately what wins is stupidity 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom