Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13960
    Not sure Radio 2 will be playing it

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6172
    Oh dear, oh dear or dear.
    That's about exciting as an evening in Skegness.
    I love the foo fighters.... but this a bit of a turd. :s
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17672
    tFB Trader
    Only listened to it once but I was not full of whelm.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2912
    Once again this proves that Dave Grohl's career peaked at Songs For The Deaf. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HoofHoof Frets: 494
    Musically a but deeper than their recent output (which has sounded like Springsteen cast-offs to me) but not a great song.
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Huge Foo Fighters fan.......

... I really don't like that. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This band are so dull. Its just middle of the road, lowest common denominator BS. This tune is offensively bland. But I guess that's why they're so popular. I've also come to despise the way their salt of the earth persona, meat and potatoes music and we mean it man posturing are somehow meant to mean that they are the pinnacle of integrity. 

Just my opinion like. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2912
    This band are so dull. Its just middle of the road, lowest common denominator BS. This tune is offensively bland. But I guess that's why they're so popular. I've also come to despise the way their salt of the earth persona, meat and potatoes music and we mean it man posturing are somehow meant to mean that they are the pinnacle of integrity. 

Just my opinion like. 
    Agreed. FF (much like royal blood) seem to be one of them boring radio friendly bands that people who don't actually like rock music listen to just to say they "like all music".

Everlong is a great song though. 
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    They are what they are. One thing they do is keep guitar driven music on a lot of radio stations. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    Heard it on Absolute this morning, Dave talking about his leg, Glastonbury and being mates with Macca.
    Wasn't an instant ear worm for me. I do find them incredibly dull though and struggle to see what people like about them. Although I watched 30 minutes of Kings of Leon on the telly this week and Foo Fighters are a three ring circus in comparison. But each to their own I guess.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10457
    That's the best thing I've heard from The Foo's for a while, I really like it and I'm not a huge Foo's fan
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3346
    Agreed best thing I've heard from them in years   ( white limo was good too).  Im no longer a massive FF fan but up until they released Nothing left to lose I really liked them.

They have become a parody recently , everyone's friend ,springsteen esque AM friendly rock.

But this new song has some of the old punk ethic. I get it, they're getting older and want/need to change styles but they have become increasingly dull.  I still listen to songs from colour and the shape plus the first album on a monthly basis but I dont think ive played any of their other records in years.
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    I actually like all the FF albums that everyone hates, but this song is just a bit odd. Like they're trying too hard to do something different. Not as musical as their normal standards.
  • NickBotfieldNickBotfield Frets: 143
    Not bad, but not as good as anything on the Saint Cecilia EP they did a couple of years ago; that was the best i've heard from them in aaaaaages.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7300
    At work o cant watch the vid but the still on the youtube looks like a parody of the smells like teen spirit video with old peoples.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13960
    TTBZ said:
    This band are so dull. Its just middle of the road, lowest common denominator BS. This tune is offensively bland. But I guess that's why they're so popular. I've also come to despise the way their salt of the earth persona, meat and potatoes music and we mean it man posturing are somehow meant to mean that they are the pinnacle of integrity. 

Just my opinion like. 
    Agreed. FF (much like royal blood) seem to be one of them boring radio friendly bands that people who don't actually like rock music listen to just to say they "like all music".

Everlong is a great song though. 

I like the new Royal Blood single but a whole album is hard work and a gig would be boring.

I can cherry pick a handful of Foo songs that I like, probably not enough for a whole album

• They are what they are. One thing they do is keep guitar driven music on a lot of radio stations. 
    And this is a good thing because?

Surely what counts is whether something is interesting/exciting/engaging/moving or provocative.... the instruments used to make the music don't really matter surely....

its time for bands like the Foo's, Kings of Leon etc to move over.  
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3409
    edited June 2017
    Give it time. It's a grower for sure. But then, I'll admit I am a massive fan.

In my yoof I was into punk (Sex Pistols, Charged GBH, Toxic Reasons etc) and the Foos have that vibe in their music.
    It gives them real energy. Even though they are older than me, and that's pretty old.

They also have some really interesting rhythms - which i suppose is what you'd expect from a band lead by a former drummer. Just try jamming along to the opening bars of 'Times like these', or the bit before the solo in 'Rope'.
    ....and Everlong is brilliant. No doubt about it.

I do agree that recently they have lost their way a little. Sonic Highways was OK but a way off their earlier material (although Something from nothing was excellent). I also get the Springsteen / Dad Rock comments that get thrown around.

But all I can say to to doubters is go and see them live. I guarantee you'll change your mind.

• antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Heard this on the radio today. I like it, and I don't even like the FF.