New Foo Fighters tune

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    Bridge section is excellent, the rest of it is like an AM radio cover version of some rejected My Bloody Valentine track.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    edited June 2017
    Surely what counts is whether something is interesting/exciting/engaging/moving or provocative.... the instruments used to make the music don't really matter surely....

its time for bands like the Foo's, Kings of Leon etc to move over.  
    To quite a lot of us the instruments do matter.  

Who do you want them to move over for? More Grime or X Factor winners? Because that's what sells at the mo
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    Surely what counts is whether something is interesting/exciting/engaging/moving or provocative.... the instruments used to make the music don't really matter surely....

Who do you want them to move over for? More Grime or X Factor winners? Because that's what sells at the mo
    Whilst I roughly agree with @Placidcasual79  I guess for those of us with an interest in guitar based music and guitar gear have a vested interest in any guitar music keeping the interest in the instrument going. 

And although I don't really listen to grime I get that it's a rebellious youthful music ( or something like that) and I think that's a good thing because the churn of the history of western popular music has been driven by each wave rebelling against the last. Not sure if I have much defence of the X Factor/ The Voice type twaddle other than keeping at least one member of this forum in employment...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    At work o cant watch the vid but the still on the youtube looks like a parody of the smells like teen spirit video with old peoples.
    Crossed with Slayer channeling One Flew over the Cuckoos nest 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    edited June 2017
    cj73 said:
    At work o cant watch the vid but the still on the youtube looks like a parody of the smells like teen spirit video with old peoples.
    Crossed with Slayer channeling One Flew over the Cuckoos nest 
    Supposed to be based on the Thriller video ( some of the same people involved as well I think). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Surely what counts is whether something is interesting/exciting/engaging/moving or provocative.... the instruments used to make the music don't really matter surely....

Whilst I roughly agree with @Placidcasual79  I guess for those of us with an interest in guitar based music and guitar gear have a vested interest in any guitar music keeping the interest in the instrument going. 

And although I don't really listen to grime I get that it's a rebellious youthful music ( or something like that) and I think that's a good thing because the churn of the history of western popular music has been driven by each wave rebelling against the last. Not sure if I have much defence of the X Factor/ The Voice type twaddle other than keeping at least one member of this forum in employment...

@Flink_Poyd ;I'd like them to move over for something new, exciting interesting, engaging moving or provocative please.

As for the Xfactor well I am fairly sure sh*t manufactured pop music has been about for ever and probably always will be as long as there is a buck to be made. I don't expect the sea not to be wet. 

Also I am fairly sure that the future of the guitar doesn't depend on the Foo Fighters or the Kings of Leon - in fact I am fairly sure those sorts of bands turn kids of guitar music or perhaps some one will pick up a guitar to spite such crappy music. 
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Ouch.. a lot of dislike toward FF here!

I have to say it took me to the In Your Honor album to get into them. Now, I can't listen to disc 2 of that album still but disc 1 is killer. I also loved Echoes..., Wasting Light is phenomenal. Sonic Highways is great, I didn't think the doco was necessary to enjoy it though. It seemed redundant. 

I then got the earlier stuff and the only one I don't really like is the first album.

Saw them live last time they came to Brisbane and enjoyed it. 

Definitely a fan. 

:) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Wtf ... :anguished: 

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!