Pond life

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• We get beautiful frogs and toads hiding in our garden under the leafy plants from a neighbours pond :) luckily our cat is scared of them.

Lovely things. Another neighbour keeps koi carp in a pond. They put a model of a heron by it, as they'd heard it a great deterrent. First time I saw the pond I asked why they had two of them... 

... Before one of them moved its head. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    Lovely one. I envy you guys who live in such peaceful places. I live in a tiny flat in the midst of the teeming city, by a motorway... I can't have no other pond than the one in the toilet.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6097
    JezWynd said:
    Where I'm currently living has a pond, very relaxing but also quite a bit of work, esp. if blanket weed gets a hold. I have to have a net covering it otherwise herons take the goldfish.
    Columbo blanket weed remover, 100% guaranteed. It's done wonders for mine and a workmates pond, we couldn't believe it. 
    Thanks for the tip. I've been using some stuff called Blanket Answer which worked very well in killing the weed but left a lot of detritus behind. You're supposed to follow up with Sludge Answer (nice) which I think is supposed to eat the remains but doesn't seem to be doing the job. I feel guilty pouring chemicals in the pond though the fish don't seem to mind. There's one particularly cute youngster who does circuits underwater before leaping out the water for the final quarter.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    No pond, but my Uncle Monty says they attract slug predators.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom