Guitar sized parcel received…unusual one! NGD now documented

What's Hot
thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9811
edited June 2017 in Guitar

It is a fact universally acknowledged, that any day that starts with meeting @harryseven on a street corner is going to turn out well. And well it has turned out as I now have a box to unwrap

Finally met up with the man/the legend himself this morning to hand over a guitar, the decision to hand over said guitar kicking off quite a stroke of fortune that has resulted in there currently being a large guitar sized parcel in my office cloakroom.

I had decided after an unsuccessful bank holiday weekend to give up selling a certain instrument that was getting no interest whatsoever, and to give up my search for a new quirky or cool looking guitar in favour of something dull like a Tele. Nearly pulled the trigger on an Amazon Warehouse Melody Maker but didn’t because of delivery times, very nearly bought a lovely gold Gretsch in PMT but the staff were typically unresponsive so I left the shop. But whilst idly googling something on my lunch break for the sort of guitar shape I wanted to compare it against similar shaped guitars that are more available to see if I could modify them slightly to make them look similar.

And BOOM! One of the exact instruments I was after turned up on ebay (a key word missing from the item title missing hence missed by my saved searches) with a fairly reasonable buy it now price. So I made a reasonable "Best Offer" and the guitar is now mine. It arrived about 90 minutes after I handed another guitar over. Clearly fate

I’m deliberately not saying what it is yet, because I’m a big fat tease. But it’s similar to something I have, similar to something I’ve just parted with, and definitely has the cool factor I was looking for…

Photos to follow later when I’ve got it home and unwrapped it You may all guess what it is if you so wish, because I’m patronizing and annoying like that. Harry is forbidden from guessing though as he knows what it is!

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments