2 weetabix for breakfast?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    But can you eat 3 shredded wheat ?

Easily. And that's the old school proper ones that you had to squash down to fit in a normal cereal bowl. The current mk 2 editions are half the size. Like Shredded wheat for small kids. And dieting women.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    Cooked brekkie five days a week yum.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • nothing beats one of these, mon-fri 6am like clockwork I am as in I am dead boring :persevere: 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33836
    octatonic said:
    Your English weetabix is flakey and tastes like shit.
    Australian 'Weetbix' is far, far superior and doesn't turn to mush when you pour milk on it.
    I have Richie Benaud's voice on the Milo advert in my head reading that post. 

You flatter me, sir. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    octatonic said:
    Your English weetabix is flakey and tastes like shit.
    Australian 'Weetbix' is far, far superior and doesn't turn to mush when you pour milk on it.
    but that's the vegemite holding it all together..nothing to do with the bix
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpot said:

@hotpot , did you use an egg ring there?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I usually have 3-4 weetabix with whole milk and blueberries, plus 6 whole eggs for my breakfast.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    hotpot said:

@hotpot , did you use an egg ring there?

Yes I do use an egg ring.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4927
    siraxeman said:
    Thats not a meal....1 Weetabix = 76cals. 2 = 154cals, plus say 150-200mls of semi skimmed milk on and you're still only adding 94cals (@200mls semi skimmed milk) so that's 248 calories, You can have some of that milk in your tea or coffee as 200mls is way too much on 2 Weetabix anyway. That IS NOT A REAL BREAKFAST. That is a SNACK. 4 or 5 Weetabix is where its at. But porridge is way betterer anyway.
    Erm, 2 * 76 <> 154...
  • starwarsnosebleedstarwarsnosebleed Frets: 2357
    edited June 2017
    Farleys rusks with hot breastmilk.

Nothing better.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
    edited June 2017
    The problem with weetabix:

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24583
    nothing beats one of these, mon-fri 6am like clockwork I am as in I am dead boring :persevere: 

I have the one with golden syrup. Very nice it is too.

Sometimes I'll chop a banana into it - after it's been heated of course.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    Oatsosimple - man alive, prepacked crap. Get some proper porridge without all that sugar in it. Make it with a bit of cinnamon and some coconut milk/almond milk: sorted. full power for a mnute, stir, full power for another minute. Just as quick in a microwave, tasts nicer, and a lot cheaper.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    When I were a lad it was 3 weetabix and then cram rice crispys or cornflakes in the space around to fill the bowl.

Now I'm more refined. Porridge made with water but in a microwave. Chop strawberries, grapes and a banana plus blueberries for effect. Drizzle with honey and a couple of dollops of pure yogurt on top.

Weekend sees a poached egg or two on toast.
  • NickBotfieldNickBotfield Frets: 143
    Snap said:
    Oatsosimple - man alive, prepacked crap. Get some proper porridge without all that sugar in it. Make it with a bit of cinnamon and some coconut milk/almond milk: sorted. full power for a mnute, stir, full power for another minute. Just as quick in a microwave, tasts nicer, and a lot cheaper.
    Original flavour is just oats - no added anything apart from stabiliser.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33836
    Museli or eggs for breakfast for me most days.
    Sometimes I have a bagel with butter.

Lately I've been having kimchi on my eggs.
    It is awesome.
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Snap said:
    Original flavour is just oats - no added anything apart from stabiliser.

Just buy Quaker oats then...1kg box for under 2 squids. If you wanna try just plain old oats in a bag ie no  fancy brand name then you can slash that even in half. Oatsoexpensive = rip off.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4992
    Any breakfast is better than no breakfast.  IMHO two Weetabix is better turned into three Weetabix with milk.  And choose the 'real' Weetabix not the lookalikes from low cost supermarkets [all of which are little better than toilet paper].

Porridge is easy to make especially if you use a microwave.  Add a little milk to the water before cooking which takes no more than three minutes then enjoy.  I would if I could but I have a negative reaction to oats.  So it comes back to Weetabix for me.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11341
    Rocker said:
    Any breakfast is better than no breakfast.  IMHO two Weetabix is better turned into three Weetabix with milk.  And choose the 'real' Weetabix not the lookalikes from low cost supermarkets [all of which are little better than toilet paper].

Porridge is easy to make especially if you use a microwave.  Add a little milk to the water before cooking which takes no more than three minutes then enjoy.  I would if I could but I have a negative reaction to oats.  So it comes back to Weetabix for me.
    You've wiped your bum with a Weetabix? That's not what they mean when they say you need more roughage.