WWDC?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2416
    After working in an Apple related job, I no longer care about the products as I used to. I like my Mac as it works very well, but that's about it. Once I would've been excited by the WWDC but not anymore. Watched about 10 mins and turned off after the Toy Story gimmick.

Sent from my God forsaken iPhone
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33834
    I am hoping the new iPhone electrocutes anyone who records videos in portrait.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Do Not Disturb Whilst Driving is a step in the right direction.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17663
    tFB Trader
    I'm watching.

Nothing setting my pants on fire so far.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1312
    octatonic said:
    The phone builders should have fixed this years ago by making the camera record in landscape with the portrait screen simply showing the middle chunk of it.  
    Plays fine on the phone.  Doesn't piss the world right the fuck off.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17663
    tFB Trader
    sinbaadi said:
    octatonic said:
    The phone builders should have fixed this years ago by making the camera record in landscape with the portrait screen simply showing the middle chunk of it.  
    Plays fine on the phone.  Doesn't piss the world right the fuck off.
    Is the camera supposed to rotate or something?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27182
    New iPad Pro. I've been fancying a bigger one Ham my mini for a while and this latest one looks awesome. Hopefully not too many megabucks...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Home Pod looks like it will be either excellent or a disaster.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469
    octatonic said:
    Home Pod looks like it will be either excellent or a disaster.
    If it's tied to Apple Music then probably a disaster.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:

Lol or wis?
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7541
    I like the look of the new iPad Pro (big un) and the iOS 11 stuff - although it may just be 'shiny new thing' syndrome.
    If I'm still taken come the end of the year when they are out I may go for one and pass my Air 1 down to the lad. 

I didn't watch it - was there anything interesting for WatchOS ? 
    Red ones are better. 
    Just looked - the Siri face is a good idea if it works well - I routinely switch faces depending what 'mode' I'm in that day/doing at that time 
    Red ones are better. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24573
    I'd like an iPad Pro with the pencil wotsit.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72564
    I wonder if they'll *finally* update the imacs. I so desperately wanted one but they were so expensive for relatively old architecture, they're surely due the upgrade? 
    There are new ones out - although I'm not sure how much of a real upgrade, or just tweaked around the edges (pun intended - as usual they're making a big deal about how thin they are at the edge, as if that really matters…).

But one thing I'm quite pissed off about is that they've discontinued the wired keyboard, as an option or even a separate-purchase item - there is a new wireless keyboard with a numeric keypad, but that does not have the two USB ports that I find so useful on my desk. Grrr.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• NickBotfieldNickBotfield Frets: 143
    My ancient white plastic MacBook from 2007 is getting a bit temperamental these days, so I think I'll pull the trigger on a MacBook Air while it still has USB3 ports and Magsafe charging, even though the screen is obviously well below what most laptops have these days.  Still, it was nice that they've given all the laptops a speed bump.
  • I'd like an iPad Pro with the pencil wotsit.
    Me too. Keep wondering if it could replace pen & paper at work. 
    BEfore there was an iPad pro/apple pencil I went paperless for about 6 months using an Adonit 'pencil' and an iPad app (NotesPlus)

It was bloody brilliant - anything I would normally scribble I still did, but it was searchable and with me all the time. 

I got accounts to send me all my monthly invoices for approval as pdf and just approved/queried them as annotations and sent them back.

the *only* barrier I felt to it as a way of working was when you were with those people who you know are secretly thinking 'twat'  :-)

the general workflow of it all now is even simpler with the improvements to apps and the apple pencil itself (having used Mrs O's) is excellent - better than the Adonit I was happy with. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    My ancient white plastic MacBook from 2007 is getting a bit temperamental these days, 
    To be fair 10 years is a bloody good shift
  • TimmyO said:
    BEfore there was an iPad pro/apple pencil I went paperless for about 6 months using an Adonit 'pencil' and an iPad app (NotesPlus)

It was bloody brilliant - anything I would normally scribble I still did, but it was searchable and with me all the time. 

I got accounts to send me all my monthly invoices for approval as pdf and just approved/queried them as annotations and sent them back.

the *only* barrier I felt to it as a way of working was when you were with those people who you know are secretly thinking 'twat'  :-)

the general workflow of it all now is even simpler with the improvements to apps and the apple pencil itself (having used Mrs O's) is excellent - better than the Adonit I was happy with. 
    I had an Adonit Jot Script bluetooth stylus but found that the connection kept dropping and the palm-rejection a pita. Don't know if it was the stylus, my ageing iPad 3 or my appalling handwriting...

@TimmyO Is it possible to write normally with the Apple Pencil and rest your wrist on the screen?

Palm rejection was fine for my Adonit - I think the apps themselves needed to implement the relevant stylus manufactureres SDK for it to work automatically - perhaps the app you used didn't, or didn't do it well? I recall having to go in and enable the Adonit feature in one of my apps. 

That's a big plus for the Apple Pencil - easier for developers to get all that working out of the box as a single standard.

Palm rejection seemed fine when I tried it - I don't often manage to prise the Pro out of the wife's grips though (and it's actually dead at the mo pending a trip to the Apple Store :-(

I actually used to do most of my writing in a zoomed mode in NotesPlus (you kind of keep writing in the same position on the screen and it flows the entry box - hard to explain, easy to do - and in that mode palm rejection isn't so much of an issue
    Red ones are better.