Should she go?

What's Hot

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22252
    Chalky said:
    If the Tories had a magic wand they would call Dave back in to 'sort this mess out'.  He'd have the one thing the Tories are desperately short of at the moment and that is credibility with the public as a PM, something Corbyn and May both lack.
    Credibility with the public, yes. Credibility with large amounts of his own party... not really. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    ICBM said:
    He was only a year into his second term - technically his first, in charge of a full Tory government.

I'm also struggling to think of any positive accomplishments of his time in office, except for the other one he accidentally lost, the commons vote on bombing Syria.

I still think May is worse though.
    Gay Marriage. That was an accomplishment.
    It was also something that many Conservative supporters disliked, a major reason why there was this separation between the traditional blue vote and the so-called Notting Hill set. This article from the ever-reliably bonkers Conservative Woman is not isolated feeling. 

http://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/prudence-dailey-true-blue-tory-didnt-vote-mrs-mays-nasty-party/

2008-09, I was working within the public sector in a very Conservative county. There was a hell of a lot of dislike for DC based on that same modernisation that Dailey complains about. Brexit was a method for many Conservatives to get the knife into him for bringing those modern aspects through. 

That's no different to a lot of Labour supporters not liking Jeremy.

There's plenty that do, specially new members, but I have 3 reasonably close friends who are Labour members that really don't like him, don't trust him, and are scared that he will let the unions take over the party again. And don't tell me they are closet Tories or 'New Labour'. These are close friends who joined the Labour Party because of Kinnock. 

Balance. These threads all need balance. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72661
    Bridgehouse said:

Yes, I'll give you (and him) that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    Bridgehouse said:

Yes, I'll give you (and him) that.
    When we setting the date for then?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited June 2017
    Chalky said:
    If the Tories had a magic wand they would call Dave back in to 'sort this mess out'.  He'd have the one thing the Tories are desperately short of at the moment and that is credibility with the public as a PM, something Corbyn and May both lack.
    Seem to recall 'Call me Dave' having a similar aversion to meeting the plebs to the Maybot.

May doesn't have a single positive achievement on her report card - she's been utterly mediocre up to this point - but then she managed to eclipse even Dave's fuckup by ruining what little credibility her party had left and then hiding from the public....when she hasn't even got out of her first year in office yet.
    She's a massive fucking joke, this is the same person who was trying to claim a few weeks ago that she is strong and stable, yet she's shown absolutely no leadership skills or qualities. Security concerns did not prevent the Queen visiting, which just reienforces May's excuses for not meeting the public are bullshit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2614
    Loathsome and archaic characteristics for any leader - distant and aloof...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72661
    ewal said:
    Loathsome and archaic characteristics for any leader - distant and aloof…
    I could even accept those if she was competent.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
    Chalky said:
    Credibility with the public, yes. Credibility with large amounts of his own party... not really. 
    Credibility with the public! Isn't he the one who started this whole clusterfuck by having a referendum that no-one bar a few rabid ukip and tory types wanted?

Besides, everyone knows if the Tories had a magic wand they'd use it to resurrect Maggie.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Octafish said:

She's a massive fucking joke, this is the same person who was trying to claim a few weeks ago that she is strong and stable, yet she's shown absolutely no leadership skills or qualities. Security concerns did not prevent the Queen visiting, which just reienforces May's excuses for not meeting the public are bullshit. 
    But everyone likes and respects the Queen .. poor old May would probably be lynched as an evil Tory ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Theresa May has just opened up a £5 million fund to help victims and visited victims in hospital today.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    capo4th said:
    Theresa May has just opened up a £5 million fund to help victims and visited victims in hospital today.
    Lets hope the delay in her announcing this was because she was working really hard to get the money together and getting the processes in place to get it to the right people and not because she's been reading social media and decided to spend £5m to improve her image.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4th said:
    For Mother Theresa and the victims of this tragedy. Too little, too late.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26759
    Fretwired said:
    Octafish said:

But everyone likes and respects the Queen .. poor old May would probably be lynched as an evil Tory ....
    Really? May's trying to convince us that Islamic extremism is the biggest danger of all, and the Queen's the Supreme Governor of the Church of England, as well as the Head of State. I'd imagine she's something of a juicier target than Theresa May.
    <space for hire>
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    capo4th said:
    Indeed. To paraphrase one of the homeless "This happened on Tuesday, why is she here on Friday? People lost their homes on Tuesday, people lost their lives on Tuesday".
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    capo4th said:
    Indeed. To paraphrase one of the homeless "This happened on Tuesday, why is she here on Friday? People lost their homes on Tuesday, people lost their lives on Tuesday".
    Wasn't she in France?
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    capo4th said:
    Wasn't she in France?
    So about an hour away?
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    capo4th said:
    Wasn't she in France?
    So about an hour away?
    Yeah, but transport is fucked tho innit? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    capo4th said:
    Wasn't she in France?
    So about an hour away?
    Wasn't she back in London on Wednesday hanging with her DUP buddies?
  • capo4th said:
    Wasn't she in France?
    So about an hour away?
    Yeah, but transport is fucked tho innit? ;)
    Jellycopters bro' ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...