Should she go?

What's Hot
1141516171820»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    digitalscream said:

I might be wrong here, but I was under the impression that not causing "immense harm to the world" was one of the major parts of the job description ;)
    Of course :). But it's a more complex question than that. You can also ask whether Stalin was a great leader…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    ICBM said:
    digitalscream said:

I might be wrong here, but I was under the impression that not causing "immense harm to the world" was one of the major parts of the job description ;)
    Of course :). But it's a more complex question than that. You can also ask whether Stalin was a great leader…
    You so nearly tripped on Godwin's law then! Nice save ;)
    Bridgehouse said:

No, that would be a leader who was unquestionably terrible despite the small amount of good he probably did :).

Stalin really is a complex question - a great leader, who saved the world from the other one among other things, and did immense good for his country, but also immense harm and terrible things to a lot of his people.

Blair is obviously not in the same league for good or bad than either of them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    Bridgehouse said:

No, that would be a leader who was unquestionably terrible despite the small amount of good he probably did :).

Stalin really is a complex question - a great leader, who saved the world from the other one among other things, and did immense good for his country, but also immense harm and terrible things to a lot of his people.

Blair is obviously not in the same league for good or bad than either of them.
    Oh I don't know, his taste in women is terrible too.. ;)
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Ma cherie! I had the misfortune to walk through the houses between Paddington and an office down near Marble Arch, and I came across their abode. She had some chav personalised plate where the screw was black and made a "C" look like an "E". Jesus Christ.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    Ma cherie! I had the misfortune to walk through the houses between Paddington and an office down near Marble Arch, and I came across their abode. She had some chav personalised plate where the screw was black and made a "C" look like an "E". Jesus Christ.
    No, he definitely isn't the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4559
    Twitter are saying between half a million and a million people were outside number 10 today saying she should go
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DesVegas said:
    Twitter are saying between half a million and a million people were outside number 10 today saying she should go
    I'm not sure Downing Street is big enough...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    DesVegas said:
    How far away counts as "outside"?

London?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    Is that a Diane Abbot million?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4559
    Check out #maymustgo on there
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Emp_Fab said:
    capo4th said:
    mellowsun said:
    Should she go? Based on what's likely to occur over the weekend, she'll be gone by Monday.
    Why does everyone think she is going? She is not really going anywhere if we are honest.

What is likely to occur over the weekend?  A riot?

She has had a bad month which a lot of women do but she really needs to be allowed to get on with the job. 
    Excuse me ?  Would you care to elaborate on what you mean by "a lot of women do" ?

Anyway, what happened to telling me your age.  You said you'd say if I guessed, and I did, ages ago.
    What he means is his wife bought a battery powered dildo with which to replace him permanently, hence her good humour the other night.

Actually I'm rather surprised @capo4th can type, given his knuckle dragging "views".

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26666
    edited June 2017

Actually I'm rather surprised @capo4th can type, given his knuckle dragging "views".

The people in the YouTube comments section can type. It's no indicator of anything useful.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Emp_Fab said:
    capo4th said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    capo4th said:
    mellowsun said:
    Should she go? Based on what's likely to occur over the weekend, she'll be gone by Monday.
    Why does everyone think she is going? She is not really going anywhere if we are honest.

What is likely to occur over the weekend?  A riot?

She has had a bad month which a lot of women do but she really needs to be allowed to get on with the job. 
    Excuse me ?  Would you care to elaborate on what you mean by "a lot of women do" ?

Anyway, what happened to telling me your age.  You said you'd say if I guessed, and I did, ages ago.
    Sorry chap must have missed your post. Guess away £20 charity donation to you if your correct ! 
    22.  Now would you care to clarify your comment I queried ?
    Miles away ! A lot of women do the do don't de doh
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    Either 14, or 67?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24399
    OK, so I won't expect a sensible answer to my question anytime soon then.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:
    Rumours are circulating that Hammond will take over .. May can't survive and the Tories probably have a week to save the party before the government falls. They need to end talks with the DUP - that will be the last nail in their coffin and I'll be unpopular but I'd call Brexit off. The government is leaderless and rudderless and too weak to get the necessary legislation through parliament.

Well played May. It's interesting that the three worst PM's in living memory are Tory. Heath, Cameron and May. Remember that when you go to vote in the looming election.

Calling Brexit off would be a huge mistake. It would breathe new life into UKIP who could easily claim that the Conservatives can't be trusted on Europe to deliver and snaffle back some votes. Corbyn could state that he favoured a cross-party approach so could retain the Labour vote and put the onus on Conservative failure. Calling off Brexit would not go down well at any General Election. 

A Canadian guy who was supposed to lead the UK's negotiations has turned the job down ... not enough cash. So we now have nobody with any experience of negotiating .. this is unbelievable. An utter shambles ... it must be postponed until we have a stable government capable of delivering Brexit.
    Crawford Falconer has been hired - 25 yrs of experience. New Zealander. Who is this Canuck you're talking about?
    Falconer is a poor second choice. The man the government wanted was Jonathan Fried, a Canadian ambassador who has acted as adviser to the Canadian Prime Minister and was the chief negotiator during China's accession to the World Trade Organisation (WTO). He turned down the role on Friday.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!