Mayweather vs McGregor

What's Hot

Comments

• funkyfrazfunkyfraz Frets: 93
    What's the point? Entertainment. It'll be huge!!  I could see Connor landing a peach and knocking mayweather out although the odds are definitely in the boxers favour. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    Well, I'd be up for watching it even though I expect Mayweather to win. 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Maybe chessboxing will finally get off the ground

My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    Absolute mismatch, MMA punchers chance that`s it. 

Mayweather 49 professional boxing matches, 49 wins, 0 losses
    McGregor 0 professional boxing matches, 0 wins

Actually at a loss as to why this was ever made but as a spectacle it will generate millions (answered my own question there). 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    There should be an MMA fight a few months later to even it up :D
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4672
    tbm said:
    Michael Phelps vs Phil " The Power" Taylor Dominoes match coming soon 
    Now THIS I'd pay to see. 
    i have already called Phelps out, lets get IT ON 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22999
    celentium said:

It shouldn't count as Mayweather's 50th win, but as a silly spectacle it'll be a laugh.
    I think it's a shame that Mayweather will probably overtake Rocky Marciano's unbeaten record with what is basically a stunt.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    edited June 2017
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    edited June 2017
    i don't see Mayweather having enough to KO Conor, i've seen him take some heavy shots from way heavier hitters and in 4oz gloves.

I suspect the first 3 rounds will be very entertaining, Conor has superb reading of distance and his counter striking is exceptional - plus he has genuine power that could put Mayweather out cold.

But if Floyd survives the early rounds ( and his career suggests he will) then I see Conor's window being gone and he will be tiring and chasing shadows.

I think it's great for both sports, just grab some popcorn and enjoy the ride

And I agree i'll be much more excited to see Conor face Tony Ferguson or Khabib later in the year

• marcus449marcus449 Frets: 151
    edited June 2017
    Moltisanti said:
    And I agree i'll be much more excited to see Conor face Tony Ferguson or Khabib later in the year
    Khabib blew his chance by missing weigh-ins v Ferguson
    i agree, Conor won't agree to fight him after that, real shame though because that would have been one hell of a fight, Khabib is a scary MF once he gets hold of you

• Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 983
    edited June 2017
    Its a payday for both men and you can't hold that against them but there is no way Mayweather will loose a boxing match against McGregor. 

Lets be clear Mayweather fought Gatti as brave and as aggressive as they come - Gatti couldn't land a punch. 

Mayweather fought Juan Manuel Marquez a Mexican multi weight world champion who'd boxed tough from birth - a total class act and vastly experienced (also knocked out Pacquio). Mayweather boxed him to a stand still - Marquez (a fighter I really like) did not know what to do - everything he tried resulted in him missing and getting hit. 

Mayweather fought Canelo Alvarez, much younger than him, hungry, powerful and aggressive - Mayweather made him look like an amateur. 

How does McGregor think he'll win? 

@stimpsonslostson  - Canelo GGG is a huge fight. Though I am not sure it'll be particularly close, I expect GGG will win by stoppage. 

How does McGregor think he'll win? 

I think he realizes that he doesn't stand a chance (well, maybe 1:100). He just doesn't have a match in UFC and his win against Alvarez was too easy.
    He wants to match the best, he wants a challenge and...

... he wants to be paid! Big time!

In that regard he has won already. 
  • BradBrad Frets: 662
    I must admit, I find this intriguing and stupid in equal measure.

From what little I understand of the UFC, I don't think the fighters really get paid all that well (could be wrong here). I wonder why McGregor has been chasing Mayweather these past couple of years eh?... :wink: 

I actually think McGregor believes he will win, but it won't be a problem if he doesn't. Win win for McGregor whatever happens, he'll never need to work ever again. I think it's been an exit strategy so fair play to him!

The only way I think Mayweather will win by knockout is if McGregor doesn't get his conditioning right and get's caught while out on his feet. Unless Mayweather has suddenly grown old or we enter the twilight zone I expect to wake up to a Mayweather win as per usual. Stranger things have happened though....

I think there will be more entertainment in the press conferences to be honest. The first 3 possibly, 4 rounds I reckon he'll give Mayweather some problems. Being a south paw, his long reach and being a strong guy he will probably try and use some MMA tricks to rough Mayweather up (although Mayweather can be pretty snide with the dark arts when needed according to Hatton). As usual Mayweather will figure him out, probably make him look more than a little silly at times and coast home on points. Neither will have a mark on them, both will say the other is a great champ in their respective sport etc, they'll hug and laugh all the way to the bank.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    If you pay money to watch this, you aren't a fan of either sport, sorry.
    For people saying MM can't handle Conor's power, come on, he held off Canelo like he was an amateur and that ginger Mexican packs more punching power than anybody in the UFC's 155 class.
    I'm sitting here hoping a lot of conor fans dump money on him as I'd like some decent odds to bet on MM.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • celentiumcelentium Frets: 356
    Christ, McGregor won't have any success at any point of the fight. I don't see him landing a power punch.

He'd look stupid at British level but he's fighting Floyd flipping Mayweather.
    carlos said:
    If you pay money to watch this, you aren't a fan of either sport, sorry.
    For people saying MM can't handle Conor's power, come on, he held off Canelo like he was an amateur and that ginger Mexican packs more punching power than anybody in the UFC's 155 class.
    I'm sitting here hoping a lot of conor fans dump money on him as I'd like some decent odds to bet on MM.
    There's a good chance for that, as when I've started this thread bookies were paying 7.00 for McGregor to win and now it's down to 5.00 !
    my official prediction - Unanimous decision win for Mayweather, Conor will give him a couple of scares in Rounds 1 & 2 but after that it will be the Floyd show, I see Conor looking very leggy in 9-12. 
    But if Conor puts him on his arse and wins I will be jumping around the living room!

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    People get all confused thinking that MMA fighters have this amazing knockout power when it comes down to having much lighter gloves. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723