New QOTSA

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Deadman said:
    "that's fucking shite"

Have you ever thought about a career in music journalism?
    I'll expand.  

In terms of it's production it's so incredibly over produced, with far too much compression on the guitars, it's like someone cranked everything up with the limiter and consequently the dynamics of the mix are incredibly flat.  The drums have also gone the same way where they sound like they could be found in a record by Bruno Mars.  

The most impressive thing about the new single by QOTSA is that it's incredibly bland and forgettable but near enough impossible to listen to throughout.  

It has the fitting demeanor of the tiresome playlists XFM endlessly cycles over and over again and I imagine It'll fit in seamlessly into their playlists with Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, Jet and anything recorded by Johnny Borrell as a solo artist or with Razorlight.  

I love a lot of the things Josh Homme has done before, Kyuss, Desert Sessions, most of the QOTSA albums but this new single is just fucking awful.  
    "That's fucking shite" Pretty much nailed it, agree with everything said in this post. I really like QOTSA, particularly the first 3 albums but I'm not holding out much hope for this one right now!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HoofHoof Frets: 494
    To be fair to them they do remain relevant and interesting nearly 20 years after their first release. While the new material does tend to disappoint the old stoner fans (me included, although I still buy them because there's always something good in there) there aren't many bands out there who can claim this. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3925
    You have to move on/progress. Too many people cling on to the past in music in my opinion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited June 2017
    It's horrible, it sounds horrible - this is a profoundly shit song
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    I like his album with iggy pop, but to me JH is the king of mediocrity. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    It's alright. It's not hugely spectacular. It's no "No One Knows" but it's still good. Bit catchy.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12940
    I like the production. 

Can't say I like the song, though. Shame. 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    That was tragically shit.

It's like they took the radio-friendly element from songs like No One Knows, binned everything else and ran with it.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    A remarkable nosedive from the man partly responsible for perhaps the greatest stoner rock album of all time.

Then again QOTSA have always been dull as fuck ever since they fired Oliveri.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5018
    Dopesick said:
    A remarkable nosedive from the man partly responsible for perhaps the greatest stoner rock album of all time.

Then again QOTSA have always been dull as fuck ever since they hired Oliveri.
    fixed that for you
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    I like it. We have tickets for the tour in November. Very good live band.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom