SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Now sorted WTB 18v compressor

What's Hot
longshinslongshins Frets: 247
edited June 2017 in FX £
Hi there, I need a compressor pedal... ideally not massive, capable of running at 18v and bonus points if it has a dry blend control. Budget of £80ish
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28715
    18v? Why so much headroom when most guitar pickups put out 500mV max?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 247
    edited June 2017
    I have an 18v outlet left on my ISO5 power supply, already daisy chaining off of the high current draw outlets. I know the Pigtronix stuff is ok at 18v, think there's an xvive compressor that is 18v. Can I turn the 18v outlet into a 9v with an adapter cable?
  • You'll be best with a Wampler Ego/mini Ego or an Xotic SP, both can run at 18V I believe (not selling my mini Ego though!)
    Check out my feedback thread here, would really appreciate it if you could leave a quick line if you've bought from me. :)
    Yeah the Xotic looks perfect...
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3465
    I can hear a difference between my philosopher's tone running at different voltages.
    I suppose where it is in the chain has a factor
  • -NFM--NFM- Frets: 10
    carlos said:
    I can hear a difference between my philosopher's tone running at different voltages.
    Ditto for the Xotic SP - imo its just a little 'tighter' at the higher voltage, but in a good way (very good pedal & its quite customisable too with the internal switches so I'd really recommend it!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom