Paisley??

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    Really tempted to relic this one with a shot of tinted lacquer. Leave the paisley untouched under the pickguard and then cut back a bit of arm wear and the odd wee spot.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 761
    @Jack_ that's interesting. My 2002 reissue was 'Barbie' pink similar to the current reissues, but it mellowed with age. I don't own it anymore but it is regularly gigged by the friend I sold it too, and it looks great - different to the Allparts bodies, but very cool in its own way. Perhaps the clear lacquer on my 2002 has yellowed with time, or light has affected the pink metallic paint in some way? I saw a really nice 80's Tokai Paisley a couple of years ago. Had no cash at the time which really annoyed me. Anyway, I've had that colour in my head since then and the Allparts body is, from memory, very close.

@streethawk that looks really good. Did you burst it freehand, or spray through a spaced template, or similar? Any tips welcome as I'll have this to do myself at some point. Also, where did you get your pickguard from? I've seen a few on fleaBay but haven't committed to buying one yet. Is yours a good fit?
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    @CasperCaster I sprayed it through a template, roughly twice the size of the pickguard neck pickup rout. Suspended a few inches above the plate. Quick test with the cellophane still on the plate and you're good to go. 

Think I bought the pickguard off amazon - it was a while back. Will track it down when I get a minute.