Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Summer Selection

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    edited June 2017 tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    Fifties-style necks and decals on CBS-era Tele bodies? 
    I guess when you run out of authentic replicas to reissue you have to get creative. Mashup marketing - Fender have been doing it for years.

Creative isn't  something the Fender Custom Shop have been since Mike Eldred left. I swear these permutations are just spewed out by a computer. Next

The nature of a Custom Shop in that whilst they can make a replica of a specific era as required, the Custom Shop option gives them poetic licence to create vintage based ideas with tweaks as required - Like the Thinline Paisley - Fender never made one in the 60's, but looking at you can see it captures a vintage vibe, without having to be a DNA replica

ie Black face Tele pick-ups on a 60's Tele - why not if that is what you want

Fender have adapted this option for years with Custom Shop, whilst Gibson tend to try to nail down all the exact details as was - Yet it looks like Gibson might start to adapt more of an options theme

I actually think the Limited Edition, plus Collection models have got better since Mike left - Previously the % of sales on Fender Limited Edition models as per above, plus many of the models that are featured on the C/Shop web site,  had been quite poor with far more sales coming from creations by the dealer/importer etc - This has risen significantly since Mike left and by all account 2016 was the best year in C/S history
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1562
    I absolutely love the pink paisley Tele, but whether its Brexit engineered or Fender inflation, thats a lot of wedge even for a CS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I like the '56. Others aren't really my cup of tea. They will be amazing though. Fender CS have been smashing it out of the park for a while now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Bolt on guitar using standard hardware, and slightly better woods for 3.5k.... And fool and his money.. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3624
    I love the look of the paisley and blue flower, if only they weren't relic'ed.

I can't help of thinking of this though...

Bolt on guitar using standard hardware, and slightly better woods for 3.5k.... And fool and his money.. 

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Neil said:

I agree with this. In particular I don't like to see maple fretboard relicing. 

I haven't got £3k+ to spend anyway.

I've been pondering a refinish on my MIM 69 Thinline. I think if I can find someone to do it a non-reliced pink Paisley would look great. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5168
    I've had expensive guitars and amps in the past and I always sound the same (or so little better that it doesn't matter)
    After buying the expensive item and realising it doesn't make me better it then just bothers me that I've got £3,500 tied up in guitar gear. 
    My Strat and Telecaster both cost less than £1000 and both are great value for money...which just sits better with me :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27525
    edited July 2017
    Temporarily moved out of sight at G4U's request given a request from Fender to him!

(Think he jumped the gun on the announcement).  Can be re-instated in a few days.

[edit]
    And re-instated
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27525
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    I'd like a Tele with floating vibrato, or perhaps a Bigsby, but the V neck, jumbo frets and TT pickups are a no, in that they wouldn't be my first choice.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Temporarily moved out of sight at G4U's request given a request from Fender to him!

(Think he jumped the gun on the announcement).  Can be re-instated in a few days.

[edit]
    And re-instated
    :)

my error - press release to me should have been held back for public viewing until the 5th July - ooooops and slap wrist time

Thanks Tony
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    Neil said:

True enough, but then that's the same with any guitar which is bolt on and standard-ish hardware but built by hand. 

The CS ethos appears to be the hand built approach, mirroring the original build - labour intensive and so expensive. It theoretically means they can feel closer to the originals and have a much tighter control over quality and finishing/setup.

I have never got on with Strats. I've played/had quite a few US standard ones and a Jap one in the past and moved them all on quickly as I've just never got on with them. 

Then I go to @guitars4you and try a number of CS strats - first time I've ever tried one (as in the past I've ignored them thinking I don't like strats) - and lol and behold, they all felt very different to the ones I've played before. For me, the money was worth it, as the one I finally bought was frankly better than any other electric I'd played. 

Note though, this was just my feeling and my opinion - YMMV
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    They're OK.
    They probably sound and play great but it's hard to get that excited about them.
    The paisleys are probably my favourites.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Personally, I think paisleys look odd with white pickguards and f-holes. Clear pickguard, solid body ala James Burton or Brad Paisley or not.

Also, isn't this post subtly spammy? 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Loobs said:
    Also, isn't this post subtly spammy? 
    No.

It's a guitar forum and this is a fender press release. FFS if we can't post about new guitars (especially Fender paisley''s which always hold interest) then we may as well turn the server off.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    OK. Nevermind. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom