Guitar terms you refuse to use

What's Hot
167891012»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    I must admit that I'm guilty of many of the above terms when I evaluate a guitar and try to portray its characteristics on my web site info - I'm sure many will have seen my web pages - So looks like I'll have to start a new fresh set of ideas to evaluate the guitar - Something like this

Fender Custom Shop Strat - made of different pieces of wood and screwed together with 4 long screws and a metal plate - All metal hardware - some nickel plated and some chrome plated - A long elongated metal arm screws in to the bridge block and when you wobble it the strings move up or down in pitch - The scratchplate is made of a material that an ICI technician might be able to evaluate as to what it is made of and ditto for pick up covers and control knobs - Pick-ups are electric and make the guitar sound louder when you hit  strings and it is plugged into an amplifier - Some will like the feel of the neck and the sound of the guitar and some won't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    I must admit that I'm guilty of many of the above terms when I evaluate a guitar and try to portray its characteristics on my web site info - I'm sure many will have seen my web pages - So looks like I'll have to start a new fresh set of ideas to evaluate the guitar - Something like this

Fender Custom Shop Strat - made of different pieces of wood and screwed together with 4 long screws and a metal plate - All metal hardware - some nickel plated and some chrome plated - A long elongated metal arm screws in to the bridge block and when you wobble it the strings move up or down in pitch - The scratchplate is made of a material that an ICI technician might be able to evaluate as to what it is made of and ditto for pick up covers and control knobs - Pick-ups are electric and make the guitar sound louder when you hit  strings and it is plugged into an amplifier - Some will like the feel of the neck and the sound of the guitar and some won't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well I'd buy that one for a start off!

;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited July 2017

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader

;)
    you did !!!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

;)
    you did !!!
    And it's exactly like your very accurate description ;)
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Cabicular said:
    Have we had 'verbs yet
    reverbs please it's only an extra two letters
    Also anyone who uses the term 'puter for Computer must be wiped out.
    Yes - I mentioned 'verb - which paradoxically is a noun....
    I just picked up a new boss 'lay and and MXR 'ser 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1347
    My pet hate is "made of pure Unobtanium"

usually written by someone made of pure Bellendium
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3456
    These pups have Mojo. What the fuck is that exactly?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    robgilmo said:
    These pups have Mojo. What the fuck is that exactly?
    Er....?

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Cut through the mix.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Sassafras said:
    Cut through the mix.
    That's a term that actually makes sense, though
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    Someone on another thread used the term "gitamp" for guitar amplifier - not a term I'd come across before, or wish to come across again
    (in case the user in question reads this, your post was really good and helpful, just an unpleasant word in it!)
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • woodywoody Frets: 74
    Richardhomer that was my point exactly.