USACG v Musikraft

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
    edited July 2017
    They charge $200 dollars shipping. But there parts are much cheaper for some reason than musikraft. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • riscadoriscado Frets: 180
    edited July 2017
    They're both good, but my vote would go to musikraft, they also offer lightweight if you ask them, I just assembled a musikraft blackguard. A perfect guitar in all senses. Also MJT works with musikraft, they'll have the body and neck shipped directly to them for finish and you'll get a discount for doing so. The musikraft necks and bodies are extremely accurate.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I've not had a body from either but have had a couple of necks from both. They were all very good but I would say that for me the USACG necks just had that certain undefinable something that edged it for me !

That said all my bolt neck guitars now feature necks from @GSPBASSES of this here parish and I'm hoping to order another within the next week !
  • dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
    I think you'll have to re-shape the headstock of the USACG one if you want the true Fender shape. It's only a small change I believe, but a change nonetheless.
    The headstock doesn't look to dismiliar. I couldn't really tell if I'm honest!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    SRich said:
    When you say craze is that the same as checking?

Yes
    "Craze" is English for "check" :)
    Except in Chess of course, which would just be ....silly...... :)
    Craze, Mate...
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I wouldn't personally apply any finish to a roasted maple neck, i'd go naked. I also wouldn't chance a rosewood board import right now.
    Other than that, I don't think the quotes are really like for like, one has a finish (see point above) and no nut which is probably worth around £150 in partscaster land but the second one does still seem best value.
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader
    dindude said:
    I wouldn't personally apply any finish to a roasted maple neck, i'd go naked. 

I'm afraid I totally disagree, I would strongly recommend anybody buying or making necks or fingerboards from roasted Maple put some kind of finish on it, oil is perfect. The reason I take this approach, one has to remember it is still Maple that is porous, and if you got hot, sweaty hands you will lift the grain, and the neck can become sticky and unplayable. However a few coats of any of the finishing oils will seal the roasted maple and the problem goes away. I also always seal roasted Maple fingerboard's with some kind of oil finish.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/