What's your scariest film?

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
I like a good horror, several faves spring to mind but Black Christmas from 1974 gives me the willies. The way the killer wraps the bodies in cling film and sits them in the rocking chair in the loft and talks to them with a horrible unintelligible sqealing and shrieking. 

Also the first Saw was pretty scary with Jigsaw on the trike.

what get's you peeping through your closed hands?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6137
    Event Horizon scared the shit out of me, I couldn't get the original crew's video-log sequence out of my head for days.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    When I was a kid it was Night of the Demon. It's laughably bad watching it nowadays, the monster is really clunky looking. 

More recently, either The Exorcist or Alien. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    Autopsy of Jane Doe, scared the bejesus outta me.

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Magic, those fucking ventriloquist dolls scare the shit out of me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2556
    edited July 2017
    The Exorcist for me, closely followed by Threads.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Outpost.....

or Bridget Jones.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    edited July 2017
    Genuinely freaked out by the first Paranormal Activity - bits of it at least. Demons and murders dismembering people generally leave me meh but a door opening by six inches in the middle of the night makes me shit myself.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Everything vaguely scary. I hate scary films. I keep seeing little bits when channel surfing at night, and they bother me for weeks. Like that scene with the girl crawling out of the tv. Hate that stuff!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I love Event Horizon. Paranormal Activity too sacred the hell out of me, as did Blair Witch. Actually when I saw Zodiac I was by myself in the house and that really freaked me out too.

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4646
    The original poltergeist fucked me up as a kid
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    edited July 2017
    The Last King Of Scotland. Not a horror film, but because it's based - at least loosely - on real events and characters.

Threads is pretty terrifying too.

The very end of the Fly - either version, the original might even be worse.

And the end of The Vanishing (original, haven't seen the remake and can't be bothered).

And almost forgot… don't know how -

Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (Donald Sutherland version).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5861
    The Shining, my favourite film of all time. More recent horror I liked The Grudge, Paranormal Activity, Sinister, the Insidious Films and the Conjuring/Annabelle too. I'm into horror, big time. Love the old Hammer films and things such as The Innocents, Night of the Eagle, Psycho and I particularly liked the adaptation of Whistle and I'll come to you with Michael Horden.

@boogieman I have Night of the Demon on DVD, Lol and @hotpot I watch the Jane Doe film last week, very good film.

Was going to watch A Cure for Wellness tonight but put it off until later.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Threads is the only film that's actually freaked me out, mainly because it's entirely possible.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Genuinely freaked out by the first Paranormal Activity - bits of it at least. Demons and murders dismembering people generally leave me meh but a door opening by six inches in the middle of the night makes me shit myself.
    Jumpnormal Jumptivity...

One of the worst examples of jump-scare-by-the-numbers film ... not one scare for me, but a few jumps (to clarify, a popping balloon might make you jump, but isn't scary...)

equalsql said:
    Event Horizon scared the shit out of me, I couldn't get the original crew's video-log sequence out of my head for days.
    Saw this when young, it was genuinely scary at the time (especially when my friend's fridge made a similar banging/knocking sound just as the movie was finishing...)

hotpot said:
    Autopsy of Jane Doe, scared the bejesus outta me.

I have that on DVD to watch (it's in the pile...) I will watch it now if it's scary

boogieman said:
    When I was a kid it was Night of the Demon. It's laughably bad watching it nowadays, the monster is really clunky looking. 

More recently, either The Exorcist or Alien. 
    Ooh, Alien was a good choice first time I saw that there was a very real sense of terror for the crew members
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    1 US version of the Ring did me pretty bad for months when I was younger.

2 Nothing really bugged me since but It Follows had some moments that came back to me for the following week.

Lots of other good creepy movies like the Descent & Kill list but none that actually scared me. 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Jaws
    Poltergeist
    Psycho

All watched when I was a kid and definitely had an effect on me.  

More recently I'd have to agree with @CabbageCat about Paranormal Activity - especially the footprints scene...
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    1 US version of the Ring did me pretty bad for months when I was younger.

2 Nothing really bugged me since but It Follows had some moments that came back to me for the following week.

Lots of other good creepy movies like the Descent & Kill list but none that actually scared me. 
    House sitting for a friend with sky... thought this was on so watched it... turned out to be The Grudge ... "ok" I think, not knowing about a "character" in the film...

She has 5 black cats... so when one decided to jump on the sofa and headbutt me, I nearly pooped myself...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    Dead Of Night
    Salem's Lot (the original mini-series)
    Audition
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1004
    i haven't watched any film that has scared me tbh since i was a child (salem's lot tv series and the fog john carpenter original were 2 films that did scare me as a child).

one film i think is very underrated though is exorcist 3 legion. imho way better than the first film. exhibit a 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I watched Nightmare on Elm St at a sleepover- a friends brother had "borrowed it" from his dad's collection. His mum came in to find 9 nearly hysterical 8year olds watching the bit where the hand comes out of the bed.. 

Jaws made me nervous of swimming in open water for YEARS! (Which made my lifeguarding job somewhat interesting). 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom