What's your scariest film?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• bbill335 said:
    ICBM said:
    The Last King Of Scotland. Not a horror film, but because it's based - at least loosely - on real events and characters.

This is why the most scared/unsettled I've been from a film was after watching Green Room. 
    Seven years a Slave had this effect on me. I was in a weird mood for a day or two after. 
    It was the sheer unprovoked violence I was on edge for the entire film. Knowing that it had a basis in historical fact made it worse. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Asia does it best

The Eye
    The Ring

absolutely chilling. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Asia does it best

The Eye
    The Ring

absolutely chilling. 
    Wis'd for The Ring. The original is way more scary than the US remake. 
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    Wolf Creek. I read a review saying it was 'the best Australian film since Lantana' and went along with a bunch of friends, one of whom said she didn't do horror. I assured her that it sounded more like an arty film with some thriller elements. We all had to drink quite a lot afterwards to get the screaming out of our heads. 
  • jamiexsilverjamiexsilver Frets: 404
    When I was a little lad I watched American Werewolf In London at a sleep over at a mates house, that scared the shite out of me.
    A few years later my dad owned a video shop and used to fetch al the unrented videos home with him in case the shop got broken into. Me and my brother would sneak down in the night and watch all sorts of stuff. One film that really made a impression on me was Jacobs Ladder, that hospital scene stayed with me for weeks after. Now it's one of my favourite films ever.