Richtone annoying the crap out of me!

What's Hot

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    I might've missed this in the thread, but have you asked if you could arrange your own courier to collect it, mitigating any responsibility on their part?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9540
    edited July 2017

This thread has just put me off ordering a pedal from them via Amazon.

Ive just received a Stone Deaf Tremotron through Rich Tone via Amazon...

Dead On Arrival. No worky at all, and clearly been opened before. :(

On its way back.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I guess it's up to them if they want to make an amp collection only. I'd just walk away - clearly there is some issue with the amp, maybe they posted it out before to someone who then sent it back and caused them grief and lost them money.

Maybe it is particularly fragile for some reason and they don't want to take the risk.

I don't think I'd hold it against them as evidence of a retailer to avoid though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Oh, and I've got to pay the return postage. Nice.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    edited July 2017

Wow that's really poor. I wouldn't accept that at all - kick up a fuss. Worst case just contact your card provider and dispute the transaction, they'll soon change their tune!
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750

I'm disappointed and surprised to hear that - one of the advantages of amazon is their customer support.   Every time I've had an issue with something they have sent me a postage label.  
    edited July 2017
    John_P said:

I'm disappointed and surprised to hear that - one of the advantages of amazon is their customer support.   Every time I've had an issue with something they have sent me a postage label.  
    Rich Tone Policy apparently... they will refund if there is a problem. 

I doubt if there will be a 'next time' though 
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723

This thread has just put me off ordering a pedal from them via Amazon.

Ive just received a Stone Deaf Tremotron through Rich Tone via Amazon...

Dead On Arrival. No worky at all, and clearly been opened before. :(

On its way back.

Yup, definitely glad I didn't order and will be avoiding them in the future. 

I would report them to Amazon for charging you return postage, surely that can't be right.  
  • Oh, and I've got to pay the return postage. Nice.

if it's D.O.A then they have to either arrange a courier collection at their expense or reimburse you the cost of you posting it back yourself.

If they don't then they are breaking the law as that goes against your statutory rights r.e faulty goods. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808

if it's D.O.A then they have to either arrange a courier collection at their expense or reimburse you the cost of you posting it back yourself.

If they don't then they are breaking the law as that goes against your statutory rights r.e faulty goods. 
    +1 and that's a rubbish attitude on their part.

Thanks OP.  I will shortly be in the market for a new guitar when it gets released and they're one of the few advertising it, but if this is their attitude I'm ruling them out.
  • scovell001scovell001 Frets: 60
    I was just going to pitch in and say that I have had nothing but really good service from Richtone. I bought my Les Paul from them 2 years ago & it was delivered perfectly no problems via UPS.

I've ordered various strings & nik-naks from them, again no problems & fast postage. The only 'issue' (which I don't think was their fault) was that I ordered a Vox AC4 hand wired from them in the Christmas sale last year (got it well cheap). When I got it, it sounded great but hummed like goodness knows what (especially next to my silent Bassbreaker). I recorded a YT video to show them. They sent me lots of contact with suggestions like tube swaps etc. In the end, I returned it just before the end of the return period. Shipped it back to them, got a refund, no worries. 

They even called me about an R8 they were reducing at the time (that I was potentially interested in), but I just missed it.

All from a guy there called James Ferguson. 

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2380
    Strat54 said:
    Not my favourite people either. About two years ago I saw a THR10c come for sale from them....used with carry case £159. A bargain yes and it had only been listed 30 mins earlier, so I hastily clicked the Buy-it-now and paid. Ten minutes later I got an message and refund that said 'Sorry, the item you purchased was sold in the shop earlier' Thanks a bunch. Its not like it had been listed a while back...30 mins ffs. Great service. 

To be fair this can happen anywhere that doesn't have live stock updates.

It happened to me with Coda a while ago, but they were very cool about it and even gave me some loyalty points in addition to my refund to say sorry.

Likewise happened with KMR when I tried to buy a B stock unit... they offered me a brand new unit at a good discount and offered some additional cabling to go with it, I ended up paying slightly more but got a better deal overall.

I think over time a lot of the bigger shops will go towards live stock systems, if they haven't already (I don't keep up to speed with this!).
    Sorry, meant to say it was listed on their Ebay shop when I clicked the Buy It Now, it wasn't even on their website.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I like the shop, itself. Try anything you like, take your time, nobody hassles you. It's the website full of stuff that isn't in the shop, that bugs me. That and emails about their used stock, which, when you click on it, has been sold, and god knows when..
    In summary, I think the website lets the shop down a bit..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12666

What law is that, chap?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• impmann said:

What law is that, chap?
    Where the goods are returned due to being faulty the consumer is entitled, under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 to return the goods within a reasonable time after purchase and claim a full refund plus any other losses that have been incurred as a direct result of faulty goods being supplied, such as the costs of postage. 

• normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    usedtobe said:
    I like the shop, itself. Try anything you like, take your time, nobody hassles you. It's the website full of stuff that isn't in the shop, that bugs me. That and emails about their used stock, which, when you click on it, has been sold, and god knows when..
    In summary, I think the website lets the shop down a bit..
    +1 I went in for a 10 pack of strings that I'd purchased before instore, the website listed as in stock, but only 3 packs behind the counter. Went home and ordered from Amazon.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    impmann said:

What law is that, chap?
    Where the goods are returned due to being faulty the consumer is entitled, under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 to return the goods within a reasonable time after purchase and claim a full refund plus any other losses that have been incurred as a direct result of faulty goods being supplied, such as the costs of postage. 

Its now the Consumer Rights Act 2015:
    http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act?gclid=CPnKvKbm08sCFZEy0wodN8ABCA ;
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Had a bad experience with them myself around 3 years ago ...

They had an ES 339 in stock. I e-mailed and asked if it was a 59 neck and was told by return (from the main man, as I recall) that he'd been and checked the guitar and it was indeed a 59 neck model.

Headed over there next day (incurring 50 quid fares for train, taxi and bus for my return journey of Warrington to Sheffield) and it was immediately apparent that it wasn't the 59 neck model.

Not impressed, day wasted, and out of pocket.

Chap I dealt with offered to plug the guitar into an amp for me and that was the end of it. I explained the circumstances - totally unmoved. I played the guitar briefly and found the neck to be too slim. Quick browse, and left. No further words exchanged.

Sent an e-mail when I returned home - shrug of the shoulders by way of a response.

I did learn whilst I was there that they also don't photograph individual guitars if it's a recurring model. So, the 5 grand 59 reissue in dirty lemon which you're looking at on the website probably isn't the one in store. The guy telling me this didn't seem to think that was a problem, and was quite scornful of customers who had previously taken issue with this approach (having opened the case at home and found that what they thought they'd bought looks-wise wasn't what they'd been sent).

As noted above, the website - particularly in the used section - seems to list "out of stock" items just for fun - and for a very long time after they've sold.

No, I won't be dealing with them again.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    Powerslave said:

I did learn whilst I was there that they also don't photograph individual guitars if it's a recurring model. So, the 5 grand 59 reissue in dirty lemon which you're looking at on the website probably isn't the one in store. The guy telling me this didn't seem to think that was a problem, and was quite scornful of customers who had previously taken issue with this approach (having opened the case at home and found that what they thought they'd bought looks-wise wasn't what they'd been sent).
    See my post earlier in this thread - I had exactly this issue and they were indeed scornful. I spoke to a guy called James and he couldn't understand why it was an issue.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    edited August 2017
    That seems daft to me, why not just use stock photos then, that way there's less likely to be confusion.