Richtone annoying the crap out of me!

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    That seems daft to me, why not just use stock photos then, that way there's less likely to be confusion.
    Yep, or make clear that the guitar in the photograph may not be the guitar in stock.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    If it's a unique guitar with a unique top, and c'mon, say over £1000, just take a photo man. How difficult is it?! It's 2017. Bang it on the site asap.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    If it's a unique guitar with a unique top, and c'mon, say over £1000, just take a photo man. How difficult is it?! It's 2017. Bang it on the site asap.
    This. I don't see how hard it is, tbh..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    usedtobe said:
    Last time I went to Coda they had a wall hanger on a panel of black material under a good light just by the till. So its really easy for them to hang a PX guitar up and photograph it. Simples. Difference between professionals and amateur shop managers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    Voxman said:
    impmann said:
    Oh, and I've got to pay the return postage. Nice.

if it's D.O.A then they have to either arrange a courier collection at their expense or reimburse you the cost of you posting it back yourself.

If they don't then they are breaking the law as that goes against your statutory rights r.e faulty goods. 
    What law is that, chap?
    Where the goods are returned due to being faulty the consumer is entitled, under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 to return the goods within a reasonable time after purchase and claim a full refund plus any other losses that have been incurred as a direct result of faulty goods being supplied, such as the costs of postage. 

Its now the Consumer Rights Act 2015:
    http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act?gclid=CPnKvKbm08sCFZEy0wodN8ABCA ;
    May I just clear up, the CRA 2015 does not replace the SOGA1979 - it's entirely separate and both are still enforcable in court. The CRA 2015 is a derivative of an EU directive that overlaps and introduces protections greater than the SOGA in some areas in consumer contracts. The SOGA is the main statutory protection for business to business transactions, but still applicable to any trade contract, even when the CRA covers it too.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    Chalky said:
    usedtobe said:
    Last time I went to Coda they had a wall hanger on a panel of black material under a good light just by the till. So its really easy for them to hang a PX guitar up and photograph it. Simples. Difference between professionals and amateur shop managers.
    Bang on, Difference in a nutshell.

Ive been refunded on the Stone Deaf, but havent received the postage. Ill contact Amazon later...
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11762
    Given a discussion in another thread, that basically we have a permanently bad relationship with another retailer because of comments made - do we need to offer a right to reply to Rich Tone here?

It sounds like on this occasion they may have dropped the ball but retail is difficult to manage at the best of times?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Thing is, you only hear of the odd bad experience, and never the good ones.  I've purchased from RichTone in the past with no problems at all.   Mileage varies and all that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Given a discussion in another thread, that basically we have a permanently bad relationship with another retailer because of comments made - do we need to offer a right to reply to Rich Tone here?

It sounds like on this occasion they may have dropped the ball but retail is difficult to manage at the best of times?
    Yep, true enough...

Still, sending out a brand new pedal, already opened, DOA, not tested, no apology, no post refund... 

Lots of drops of the ball on here.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    @Wazmeister  any reply from Amazon on your refund of postage?  That's beyond belief that they didn't refund you, it's like they are trying to squeeze some cash from you because you sent the pedal back and they lost a sale.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041

They do indeed have a right to reply, and I believe have been mentioned in the thread here. If they were bothered they could step in, apologise, refund the postage, and rescue their reputation. 

As as it stands, the buyer is still out of pocket on a duff deal, and the silence is deafening. 

As previously stated, it's the difference between being an amateur and a professional. Retail isn't that hard, brain surgery is hard and you wouldn't accept poor standards there. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2017

They do indeed have a right to reply, and I believe have been mentioned in the thread here. If they were bothered they could step in, apologise, refund the postage, and rescue their reputation. 

As as it stands, the buyer is still out of pocket on a duff deal, and the silence is deafening. 

As previously stated, it's the difference between being an amateur and a professional. Retail isn't that hard, brain surgery is hard and you wouldn't accept poor standards there. 
    Are we assuming Richtone follow this forum, or do we KNOW they do?

Because that is a pretty important distinction for the point you just made?

Edit:  in the interest of clarity, if we KNOW they do, then yes they should weigh in and resolve the issue.

Word and wisdom 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    edited August 2017
    Rox said:
    Thing is, you only hear of the odd bad experience, and never the good ones.  I've purchased from RichTone in the past with no problems at all.   Mileage varies and all that.
    True, I've dealt with them a couple of times too and they were good. That doesn't mean other people haven't had bad experiences, though, and if there are enough, it's worth finding out about IMO.

The thing that I find weird is that every time someone posts a bad experience someone always comes along to point out that's only an isolated case- this is never done if someone posts that they had good service. But the thing is, if nothing went wrong, you didn't actually have to test the shop's performance when things don't go according to plan, so you're just as in the dark (actually, arguably more so) than the person who did have to return something and then had a poor experience.

Just out of interest, what's the other thread (or the other shop)? I couldn't find it on the open forum (and as I said above, I like to know what's going on :D ) .
    Dave_Mc said:
    Just out of interest, what's the other thread (or the other shop)? I couldn't find it on the open forum (and as I said above, I like to know what's going on :D ) .
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/109696/andertons-lp-vid/p2

@Dave_Mc ;
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Surely trashing them on the net for something they havent done is a bit off. Which Amp is it im in Sheff and could pop down and give it the once over. They are decent people and will have a real reason for the 'collection only' policy on that particular item. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Never had any problems with Richtone here. Only good experiences.
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Surely trashing them on the net for something they havent done is a bit off. Which Amp is it im in Sheff and could pop down and give it the once over. They are decent people and will have a real reason for the 'collection only' policy on that particular item. 
    "It's always better to regret something you have done, than to regret something you haven't done. And by the way, if you see your mom this weekend, be sure and tell her 'Satan! Satan! Satan!'"

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    Dave_Mc said:
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/109696/andertons-lp-vid/p2

@Dave_Mc ;
    Excellent, thanks :)