Lovely day at work

What's Hot

Comments

• FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    I think so, they want me to start in the next few weeks as there is some huge data management to do and in their words - I'll piss it.

Fingers crossed they'll let me fuck off a few weeks early from current job.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28380
    Foster said:

Yes quite, I remember discussing with him how i'm not a salesman before I went to the interview (and during the interview...)

Anyway, good news - had a chat with the top brass at the old place, they're more than happy for me to return. Something about me being an asset to the company. They're not sure how it's going to exactly happen (they have to speak to parent company) because rather than have me work in the lab they want to create a new role just for me, putting me in charge of the computer systems. They're getting new awesome software and want someone to be in control of it, do training, etc, etc.
    Ace - well done on leaving on good terms too.

I hope things turn around OK - it sounds positive.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Congratulations, glad you managed to turn bad news into good.  Hope it works out well for you!
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Foster said:
    I think so, they want me to start in the next few weeks as there is some huge data management to do and in their words - I'll piss it.

Heck, you gave sales a go and it wasn't for you, but if we don't try things outside our comfort zones we never know.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • maidenfanmaidenfan Frets: 197
    cruxiform said:
    Gutted for you mate. Lost my job last week and currently applying for other jobs so know what it feels like. Hope you stayed off the alcohol last night and you find something new very soon.
    Sorry to hear both of lost jobs, cruxiform, are you still in the NHS? If so has your trust restructured, if so, should'nt you be redeployed?
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2557
    edited July 2017
    maidenfan said:
    cruxiform said:
    Gutted for you mate. Lost my job last week and currently applying for other jobs so know what it feels like. Hope you stayed off the alcohol last night and you find something new very soon.
    Sorry to hear both of lost jobs, cruxiform, are you still in the NHS? If so has your trust restructured, if so, should'nt you be redeployed?
    I went to a stage 3 sickness review after having lots of time off in recent years. My contract was terminated but I'm appealing against it. I can continue to work for NHS Professionals as a bank nurse and will soon be working back at the same place probably covering the hours I would have been working anyway, paying into my pension and accruing annual leave. You've got to see the funny side
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    Foster said:

The way your "mate" has treated you, just tell him you're leaving and kick his desk over on the way out.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Foster said:

If I were you I'd make that decision for them :) 

Sure your 'mate' won't be too bothered! Good  that you got some good news from the situation! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Lave your dumps in the cistern of the work toilets. It will take weeks for them to figure out why they always stink and the water is so dirty. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • maidenfanmaidenfan Frets: 197
    edited July 2017
    cruxiform said:
    maidenfan said:
    cruxiform said:
    I went to a stage 3 sickness review after having lots of time off in recent years. My contract was terminated but I'm appealing against it. I can continue to work for NHS Professionals as a bank nurse and will soon be working back at the same place probably covering the hours I would have been working anyway, paying into my pension and accruing annual leave. You've got to see the funny side
    Union, or legal advice / support surely?

Sorry for the hijack Foster
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2557
    maidenfan said:
    cruxiform said:
    maidenfan said:
    cruxiform said:
    Union, or legal advice / support surely?

Sorry for the hijack Foster
    Absolutely. I'm with Unison. 
    Worry not about the hijacks - lets all use this to comment on our lovely days at work!
    Evilmags said:
    Lave your dumps in the cistern of the work toilets. It will take weeks for them to figure out why they always stink and the water is so dirty. 
    What diet would you recommend I stick to before attempting this?
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    So your mate goes out on a limb to give you a chance in a job you aren't best suited for, you don't succeed, and now its HIS fault?!

I think it was handled badly, I get phone call out of the blue offering me a job, I remind constantly that I'm not sales but am assured full training is given. I get given job (again reminding them I'm not sales) and training is utterly minimal, often getting told off for not doing X after being shown how to do X once in a hurry.

Anyway, regardless. I've now had an email telling me I have to fill in and sign a resignation form and that I can't leave until the 25th even though next place would prefer me to start on the 7th.

What's the procedure for filling in a forced resignation form?

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited July 2017

Give your notice and fuck off. What are they gonna do? Sack you?

* I'm not sure if this is good advice or not

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Foster said:

I think it was handled badly, I get phone call out of the blue offering me a job, I remind constantly that I'm not sales but am assured full training is given. I get given job (again reminding them I'm not sales) and training is utterly minimal, often getting told off for not doing X after being shown how to do X once in a hurry.

Anyway, regardless. I've now had an email telling me I have to fill in and sign a resignation form and that I can't leave until the 25th even though next place would prefer me to start on the 7th.

I've never heard of such a thing. So they want to sack you but make it look like you've voluntarily resigned? Presumably this means you're not in a probation period and they're just trying to terminate your employment quietly and make it look voluntary?

This sounds seriously shady. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    Foster said:

The way your "mate" has treated you, just tell him you're leaving and kick his desk over on the way out.
    @Foster from an employers point of view your mate (or his bosses) could terminate at little/no notice if you are in your probation period. The fact that you are getting a month paid suggests he's stuck his neck out for you, you might recognise that he's tried to help you and it just hasn't worked out for eithr party.

Anyway I'm glad you are getting sorted and I hope the friendship doesn't suffer, good friends are hard to come by.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Foster said:

Sounds VERY suspicious. I suggest a talk to Citizen's Advice (if they even exist these days.)  You're not resigning, after all...
    Sod it, agreed if I hand in resignation then I can finish on the 4th of August. Job done, old employers are very happy to have me back the following week.