Airports...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Been a while but I've flown out of Manchester a few times on earlyish flights and the upstairs bar do a very good full English for reasonable money, but you also get to wash it down with a pint of Jaipur. F***ing BLISS.... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Lounge access for the win. Lots of free booze and free food.  Some great views too in most (Milan had no windows....)
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    hywelg said:
    Been a while but I've flown out of Manchester a few times on earlyish flights and the upstairs bar do a very good full English for reasonable money, but you also get to wash it down with a pint of Jaipur. F***ing BLISS.... 
    That'll be the BA lounge ? I do like it in there when travelling business from Manchester.
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited July 2017
    scrumhalf said:
    * snip *

They also require that every menu item must cost the same as it would on the high street. Admittedly that is easily overcome by having an entirely different menu, but for fast food places which have the same offerings at every site it's less simple.
    Interesting to hear that.

One day this week I'll be dropping someone off at Stansted and later on, travelling to Leicester Square.  Both places have a Burger King, so I'm going to take a picture of the menu out of curiosity.  I might see how much Boots charge for their own brand Ibuprofen too.
    A few examples from two Burger Kings I went past this week

Leicester Square

Soft Drinks 99p - £2.69, Latte £2.09 - £2.29, Kids Meal £3.49, Chicken Royale burger £4.59, meal £6.59.

Stansted airport
    Soft Drinks £2.29p - £2.89, Latte £2.90 - £3, Kids Meal £4.09, Chicken Royale burger £4.69, meal £6.99.

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I hate it when I'm not allowed to pay with my dong. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited July 2017
    Emp_Fab said:

Hilarious ... the bass player's having a w@nk o , they overdid it on the chorus fx s , and by the looks of it the singer forgot to plug in and cable up the synthesisers
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Emp_Fab said:

That looks like Sean Tyler. 'Ducks Deluxe' anyone?

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    /\ probbo - was a big pub scene interchange... he proobo was in with Brinsley Schwarz too

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Nope, I'm wrong, Sean Tyla wasn't in The Motors.

I now think it's Nick Garvey.

• RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    It is fashionable to criticize airports for the poor quality food available but a few days ago my wife and I had no option but to hang around Gatwick as our Dublin flight was delayed by a few hours. The fish and chips from Wetherspoon was as good as we ever had.  Reasonably priced too, the only downside is that the place is chaotic and always busy.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum