Loopers?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24348
    Right... so far, it appears that the Jamman Stereo is the item I'm after...  You can select loops with your foot and... with the optional extra footswitch it allows you to tap-tempo a loop whilst it's actually playing - which would help with the wayward drummer scenario.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Jamman Stereo is more expensive than Jamman Solo XT which does the same thing (just more foot switches)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ewalewal Frets: 2586
    I have Jamman Solo XT and it does everything you describe. However in my experience, keeping it in sync with a live drummer is more hassle than it's worth.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • ewalewal Frets: 2586
    I've also had issue with loop levels when I've pre-recorded a loop at home then played it back with band. I need to spend more time with it to really understand what I can use it for to compliment live band situations.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    The JamMan stuff is probably the go-to I'd say.
    @MrMusic Dunno where you're seeing them for £75 mate, the cheapest I've found in the eBay sold search is £92.  @Jalapeno The Solo XT has only one foot switch.  In order for me to select different loops/samples without kneeling down to the unit, I'd need to buy the optional extra foot switch... Plus I can't find any used ones on eBay!
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723

There are a few loopers on here already.

Even though the Jamman Stereo is a discontinued model. I've found somewhere that's selling them new for £134.50 inc delivery, VAT and a three year warramty.  If they're going on eBay for around £95, would you go for the new one instead ?  Just curious!
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    I've used tap tempo to quickly sync and trigger a fast sequenced run of keyboard notes to the actual tempo the band is playing at before - which is similar to what you're hoping to do in some ways. Just about works for 2 bars, but no chance of staying in sync for a whole verse I'd say - the drummer would need to lock into the tempo of your loop and concentrate sticking to it, which is a tall order, particularly if you then have monitoring challenges live which prevent the drummer hearing your loop loud enough
  • MrMusicMrMusic Frets: 44
    Emp_Fab said:
    Even though the Jamman Stereo is a discontinued model. I've found somewhere that's selling them new for £134.50 inc delivery, VAT and a three year warramty.  If they're going on eBay for around £95, would you go for the new one instead ?  Just curious!
    I got one off Gumtree for £75 not too long ago, but if discontinued maybe the price has gone up to around a oner.

i'd pay the extra £30/£40 to get a new one but thats just my opinion and others may prefer saving a few quidand going 2nd hand.

Would 100% recommend Jamman stereo as one of the most solid, flexible and versatile loopers. Especially in its price range not many loopers can do what it can do!
    Jamman stereo also can do time stretching so you can save a loop then tap the tempo (with your drummer) and the loop will sync/time stretch nearly seamlessly
    @MrMusic Turns out the "somewhere" that's selling them for £134.50 is the same DV247 you linked me to earlier (but I didn't click on!).  Thanks for the link and the info.  I think I'll treat myself and go for a new one.  Thanks everyone.
    My new JamMan Stereo has just been delivered, just been delivered, just been delivered, just been delivered...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    My new JamMan Stereo has just been delivered, just been delivered, just been delivered, just been delivered...
    :) Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!
    Well, apart from it arriving with no UK 'slide on' adapter for the power supply - though they did include two foreign type ones and a 1M long mains cable with a 'figure 8' type plug on the end (that doesn't fit anything!), it's great.  I chopped the end off the figure 8 cable and soldered it to one of the foreign slide on adapters as an emergency fix (they're sending the right bit out overnight).  When I tried to record something in loop position 1 it just made this horrible whistle and I was pissed off that it was faulty.  I followed the factory reset procedure and that sorted it.  The NVRam must have become corrupt somehow, but it seems to be behaving properly now.

I'm amazed at how much you can store on it!  By default, it's 35 minutes of recording over 99 memory slots.  I had an old 4GB SD card laying around so chucked that in and now it's jumped to 198 slots and over six and a half HOURS of loops/samples!!!

I'm NEVER going to get anywhere near filling that!
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    edited August 2017
    Never mind, I'm late to this one obviously....

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    octatonic said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    I know little about loopers but I want one.  Primarily so I can record a rhythm part and solo over the top.  
    Literally the most boring thing to do with a looper.
    Don't tell me - all the cool dudes like you record the solo and then play the rhythm over the top?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom