People who whistle at work.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    My mum worked as a pool secretary for the British Electrolux boffins about 60 years ago. Her and the other girls would play this game where one would walk through their open plan office whistling a tune, and 5 minutes later another girl would walk through and try and guess what the tune was. The boffins would be sat at their desks lost in thought and often humming or whistling the tune.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    My first job was in this mad drawing office with about 8 other guys. It was always a bit crazy, we would sometimes break out into war, firing cotton buds across the room at each other using McDonalds straw blowpipes (Lots of cotton buds around as we used them for colouring stuff). One time we were asked to be on our best behaviour as an important client was looking in - the moment they came in we all started whistling "Whistle while you work" in unison, whilst working away at our desks. It was hilarious. The client was most amused so we got away with it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    Sporky said:
    Nitefly said:
    Dominic said:
    Worse than whistling is the "half whistle"...........just pushing the air through the lips in a hissy tuneless aimless way to the tune of tum tee tum tum.............smelly old people do it a lot .........it makes me feel like setting them on fire just to see if they can make any other noises!
    Oy you - I'm not smelly!  

I don't think so, anyway.

Not very.

I can't smell you from here, if that helps.
    Well it's certainly a relief - thank you!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24349
    edited July 2017
    Has anyone noticed that the older you get, the more vibrato you put on the whistle.  Once you reach 70 it's a full tone either side.  It used to drive me nuts but I'm already doing a quarter tone myself now - and I'm 53.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Is it OK to whistle while on the shitter?

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    edited July 2017
    It's annoying espaecially when it's some old timer who fancies himself as a bit a f a Bing Crosby and throws in the odd "shooby dooby bobobo-Bom"
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1906
    We have a pathological whistler in our work. He seems to do it when stressed out. The other guy in his office HATES it, and it is probably close to physical confrontation.

My dad used to be in the Royal Observer Corps during the cold war, and they were trained to cope with their colleagues' annoying habits whilst trapped in a bunker for weeks/months.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    Is it OK to whistle while on the shitter?
    From which end?
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    It's often less a whistle and more a series of uncontrollable squeaks and parps like trying to deflate an angry balloon when I land on the shitter

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4178
    I'm not very good at whistling so, in order to not miss out on annoying colleagues, I taught myself to type very, very loudly.

Apple keyboards with scrabble-tile keys are best.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    Sporky said:
    I only whistle at work when the person who hates whistling at work is in.

I particularly like starting one tune and ending with another.

A textbook description of workplace bullying. Disappointed to read that you indulge in that kind of behaviour......
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Dominic said:
    Worse than whistling is the "half whistle"...........just pushing the air through the lips in a hissy tuneless aimless way to the tune of tum tee tum tum.............smelly old people do it a lot ....
    When they lose hearing at high frequencies maybe?
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    Whistling is another way of trying to convince oneself that you are not afraid or insecure. The old saying 'whistling past the graveyard' comes to mind.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Doesn't bother me. I like to see people happy.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    I caught myself whistling Forever Is A Long Time from Yngwie J Malmsteen’s Fire And Ice album this morning at work and thought of this thread.