SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

withdrawn selling my guitar rig

What's Hot
James19931958James19931958 Frets: 98
edited July 2017 in Misc £
hi,

im thinking of selling my old uitar rig. it includes:
1 dave murray style black 57 strat
1 elevation guitar, which i have upgraded the neck and ickups. note - i will inlcude the old neck and pickups upon purchase.
1 boss bcb pedalboard
2 boss dd3 delay
1 boss ch 1 chorus
1 boss rv6 reverb
1 boss ds 1 distortion
1 blackstar overdrive
1 blackstar distortion
1 roland microcube amp.

You buy these individually but if you want the whole rig im looking for arond £600. I'm willing to do a deal, but i do not want to go below £450. Either way you are a great bargain i think you'll agree. I need to get rid of this quickly because it's currently taking up a lot of space and i do not use this rig anymore.

Please let me know if you are either interested or not or you may know someone who is looking to either buy a complete rig for a real bargain or want's individual items.

thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14553
    I'm thinking of selling my old guitar rig. 
    Friendly hint. Make your mind up for definite, THEN attempt to sell.

You buy these individually but if you want the whole rig im looking for around £600. I'm willing to do a deal but i do not want to go below £450.
    Brother, you just low-balled yourself.

The line about needing to offload gear in a hurry may be true but exposes you to further pressure to reduce prices before any negotiations have begun. Bad move.

rig includes ...
    A list, no prices, no photographs. The board moderators will not like this. Neither will the membership. Few will bother to read most of your list.

It would be wise to break your surplus gear list down into the existing For Sale categories and then add cross-referencing hyperlinks between the threads. So, pedals in the FX £ area, amps in the Amps £ area, guitars in the Guitars £ area. 

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ok sorry, im new to this
    No worries.

Give yourself a better chance of selling for fair prices. For example, Blackstar makes several overdrive and distortion pedals. Which exact models are you offering? The BOSS BCB case comes in two sizes, the three-slot -30 and the larger -60.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72539
    To give yourself the best chance, you need to price all this stuff individually and be prepared to sell it like that - I know it's a faff, but no-one is going to want all that lot, unless they get it for so little that they can afford to cherrypick the few things they do actually want and easily sell on the rest cheaply (so it sells quickly) without making a loss.

The upgraded guitar, if it was cheap to begin with, may be better sold as parts for the same reason - or put back to stock - the replacement neck may be worth as much to someone as they would want to pay for the whole thing, if they don't want the rest.

It's a real pain to sell a collection of stuff like this, I know - you will almost certainly end up with a remainder that's difficult to sell at all, but that may be better than ending up having to drop the price so far on the package deal that you lose more.

Good luck - this is meant as honest advice and not bashing you :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ok 'll probably go to my local guitar shop tomorrow and them if they want to buy any of my old gear
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72539
    ok 'll probably go to my local guitar shop tomorrow and them if they want to buy any of my old gear
    You can ask, but you'll be very lucky if they'll give you more than half the value, especially for the cheaper items - if they even buy in at all, many shops don't. It's just too difficult to make enough money to cover costs otherwise.

Some shops will sell the gear on commission, but again might not be keen on a lot of low-value items, or if they will take them the commission percentage may be higher. It's just tough for shops to make any money on second hand stuff these days unfortunately.

Your best bet for pricing is to look at completed Ebay sales for the same items - those will roughly reflect real-world selling prices. A shop will be able to ask for more when they sell it, but will still have to give you less.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ok, i'd be happy anything above £300 for the whole lot
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    ok, i'd be happy anything above £300 for the whole lot
    Where are you based dude ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • milton keynes,buckinghamshire, england. why?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    ok, i'd be happy anything above £300 for the whole lot

I make that a £300 drop in three and a half hours. I'm worried.
    milton keynes,buckinghamshire, england. why?
    Well, you didn't mention shipping so I wondered how you intend to get this to a buyer ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • what do you mean?
  • shipping would be free
    Can you confirm if the pedal board is 3 or 6 pedal type?

and also what are the Bakckstar pedal models ?

Thanks,

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • boss bcb 60 so it houses 6 pedals
    blackstar lt distortion
    blackstar lt overdrive
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    PM sent 

• someone is helping me price these up properly so to save everyone's time I'm going to put the sale on hold for a day so I can come up with some better for sale posts - thanks
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4938
    I'd suggest searching for each item on ebay and looking at the "Sold" values.

£300 is probably the right ball-park if you want to shift it.

It's important to state the brand and model of each item; eg. "a Dave Murray style black 57 Strat" could be a cheapie or something really good, but folks can't tell! and similarly an "Elevation guitar with an upgraded neck and pickups" is perhaps difficult to figure out.

Photos are really useful.
  • ok
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27655
    Thread sunk.
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.