Boss ds 1 distorion Pedal

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72413
    professorben said:

I think he means the JMP1 midi Preamp not the JMP amp, pre cursor to the JCM800. 
    Oops :).

Even then, the JMP-1 clean sound is excellent as well.

What's quite funny is that if you want a less complicated, non-rackmount alternative to the JMP-1, the Mesa V-Twin floor pedal is a very near clone of the circuit but without the programmability and MIDI control. The clean sound on that is great too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    ICBM said:
     said:
    @james19931991  I've been on gear forums for a long time and I've never heard of anyone wanting to ise a JMP for a clean sound.
    Really? A lot of people do. I have for about 30 years, and I'm far from alone.

Marshall JMPs have a fantastic clean tone. A more well-known user would be John Frusciante, with a JMP Super Bass and Major.

You'd be better with a solid state head for clen imo
    A clean valve amp - which does not always mean a Fender - still sounds quite a lot different from a solid-state amp usually.

And I like solid-state amps. (A lot of them, anyway.)

something like a Crate Powerblock
    No. Unreliable and horrible-sounding. One of the worst amps I've ever heard.
    I think he means the JMP1 midi Preamp not the JMP amp, pre cursor to the JCM800. 
    ICBM said:
    professorben said:

Oops :).

Even then, the JMP-1 clean sound is excellent as well.

What's quite funny is that if you want a less complicated, non-rackmount alternative to the JMP-1, the Mesa V-Twin floor pedal is a very near clone of the circuit but without the programmability and MIDI control. The clean sound on that is great too.

Yes, that's the one I was meaning - the midi preamp....  I guess he's not though...?

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/109365/marshall-jmp-1#latest

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291

Yes, that's the one I was meaning - the midi preamp....  I guess he's not though...?

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/109365/marshall-jmp-1#latest

It's sometimes hard to know exactly what the OP means. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom