Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Finished Pics! impmann's Alembic-esque Electric

What's Hot

Comments

• impmann said:
    STUNNING.

Yes, that accumulator block thing looks like an intermittent problem waiting to happen. Solder away!!

Just pm'd you on the same subject  :)

I'll go and do it now ;)
    Done.  All 6 strings ringing out like good 'uns!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you forgive the rubbish playing (I blame the arthritic fingers) here are a few sound clips.

All clips and settings at same recording volume and amp settings (Vox 5A valve amp through Zoom Pocket Recorder)

Magnetic pickups only - mid; neck; bridge
    https://soundcloud.com/andy-rogers-6/alembic-esque-mags-only-mid-neck-bridgewav

Piezo only
    https://soundcloud.com/andy-rogers-6/alembic-esque-piezo-onlywav  

Mixed piezo and magnetics - mid; neck; bridge
    https://soundcloud.com/andy-rogers-6/alembic-esque-piezo-and-magswav

Hope the clips come out OK.  Sounds great in the flesh!  And I still can't get over how well balanced the pream has got the piezo vs the hefty magnetics!!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That really is utterly droolsome. The neck position sounds just beautiful. Is your full name  Andy "attention-to-detail" Rogers, by any change?
  • That really is utterly droolsome. The neck position sounds just beautiful. Is your full name  Andy "attention-to-detail" Rogers, by any change?
    :)

Thanks!
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    edited November 2017
    Just listening to the clips, I think Soundcloud has done something to the volumes.  In real life (and the original WAV files) the piezo sound is the same volume as the magnetics.  The above makes is sound quieter.

Anyway, still gives a reasonable representation of the relative sounds...
  • It will be a week or so before @impmann gets his (very patient) hands on this, and in that time there are just a few tweaks and checks I'll do but, it being a bright and sunny morning, I've done the finished pics.  Here are a few of them. 

Please forgive the self indulgence :)

Pretty, isn't it? :)
    0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244

Yes. Yes it is. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A wow really doesn’t do that justice, we need some kind of super wow for this build.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3056
    Self indulgence totally justified Andy, another absolute stunner!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    Incredible work Andy, you should be very proud of that.
    Do you find it hard to hand over a guitar that you've spent sooo many hours labouring over?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27646

Stunning Andy, just stunning.

And yes , I deliberately picked that one photo because I think that shows your attention to detail better than anything else.   That control cavity is a work of art in itself.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony said:

And yes , I deliberately picked that one photo because I think that shows your attention to detail better than anything else.   That control cavity is a work of art in itself.
    But he couldn't be bothered to line up all the string ball ends ;) Seriously though, superb work.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:

But he couldn't be bothered to line up all the string ball ends ;) Seriously though, superb work.
    I know.  Shoddy.  Better get that sorted ;)

The observant but too polite to say amongst you will also have noticed that the hatch top tags don't yet correspond to the overlap of copper round the edge.  That will indeed be sorted before it's handed over :)
  • It will be a week or so before @impmann gets his (very patient) hands on this, and in that time there are just a few tweaks and checks I'll do but, it being a bright and sunny morning, I've done the finished pics.  Here are a few of them. 

That is amazing - an absolute work of art :)

That is amazing - an absolute work of art :)

Crunch time, of course, is Wednesday when @impmann takes possession.  It's the guitar builders' version of a performer's final anxiety when Simon Cowell in X-factor frowns and says, "And now we have to vote..."
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Crunch time, of course, is Wednesday when @impmann takes possession.  It's the guitar builders' version of a performer's final anxiety when Simon Cowell in X-factor frowns and says, "And now we have to vote..."
    Personally I think your biggest worry will be knowing where the nearest defibrillator is when he gets his paws on it, just in case....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ravenous said:

Personally I think your biggest worry will be knowing where the nearest defibrillator is when he gets his paws on it, just in case....
    I'd better brush up on the 'Stand Clear' bit, then ;)

Here it is all packed up and ready to go :)

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12669
    I can’t wait! :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11806
    Wow that is some guitar :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Well it's Thursday and i haven't seen a NGD thread.. maybe he really did need the defibrillator... :)