Should I - shouldn't I

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    Waste of time asking me, isn't it? ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    I'm all for others having an equally shit, emotional and irrational time with their partners too so YES - buy it 
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    You do the celebrated Axisus gambit - have the guitar sent to work, dismantle it, smuggle the parts home then announce that you are going to make something up from spare parts that you have lying around.

I'm off to fiverr to get some kid to write me a script that auto-Wows that every time it comes up.

:love:

The scam needs a better name, though. It should be called "The XXXX XXXXX" where XXXX XXXXX is the name of some famous dude who's done a similar thing in real life or fantasy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    gusman2x said:
    It's not a real jag. Buy a vintage modified squier.
    https://am11.akamaized.net/med/cnt/uploads/2016/10/clown-300x197.jpg
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Sell the wife, buy the guitar. Sell the guitar and buy a different guitar. 
    Problem sorted. 
    Just remember don't sell the guitar and buy the wife back. You'll never hear the end of it.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2253
    You can't afford it. 

Get a savings account. Save what you can afford. Buy a custom shop or refin L series. Call me old fashioned.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    gusman2x said:

lllolololololo

The thinline is not a Jag though is it? Whereas the Squier is a pretty darn close representation.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    slacker said:
    You can't afford it. 

Get a savings account. Save what you can afford. Buy a custom shop or refin L series. Call me old fashioned.
    When I say I can't afford it, what I really mean is that I can afford it, but the wife doesn't agree. Better would be I can't justify it...

gusman2x said:
    gusman2x said:

lllolololololo

The thinline is not a Jag though is it? Whereas the Squier is a pretty darn close representation.

doesn't need to be a "real" jag, such things don't bother me, I am no purist. It just needs to be a damn cool offset. Which it is. Except for the pickups apparently.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2253
    slacker said:
    You can't afford it. 

When I say I can't afford it, what I really mean is that I can afford it, but the wife doesn't agree. Better would be I can't justify it...

gusman2x said:
    gusman2x said:

lllolololololo

doesn't need to be a "real" jag, such things don't bother me, I am no purist. It just needs to be a damn cool offset. Which it is. Except for the pickups apparently.
    Afford and justify are the same thing. I've been looking at getting another guitar (my 4th electric) but havent due to a son needing help with rent for a year (long story not his fault) and now I've saved the money the flat roof is leaking. 

The wife not agreeing is a different issue. Due to being old, low mortgage and a wife who earns more than me, we split the bills and we both buy what we want, but are adults about it. In the roof scenario my wife has just assumed she'd be paying for it and I'm buying a Gretsch. The guitar can wait, 

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Have you done it yet?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    No. Much as like the look of the guitar I've been put off by some of the comments about how it sounds... I'm not up for having to muck about with pickups at the moment.