Gibson have p*ss*d me off

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    I know Gibson cases are a bit shite really no matter what level you're buying at but that's a shocking case even by their standards.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    danban said:
    I hope you finished your conversation with Gibson with the phrase "I rest my case"

Otherwise massive opportunity missed IMHO
    I did mate but they probably won't get the irony, maybe they should photo this hard case with the New Custom Shop Gibson Oxford Grey Les Paul  ;)
    Haha - I've had a few gibson cases that have been poor fit and finish.

Funny, Fender's are really good. Musicman's are bomb proof.. 

I've moved over to Mono cases for my basses - they are proper spendy $$ but really worth it.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    I hope that case isn't a direct copy of the 50s ones? If it is then the catchs are the least of your problems :)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30302
    Didn't realise they reliced the cases as well.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    There's a bloke in the factory who has the job of kicking it up and down the warehouse for half an hour before shipping.

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Ironically Gibson's best cases (structurally) over the last decade or so is either the 2015 one or the aluminium High performance ones.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Sassafras said:
    There's a bloke in the factory who has the job of kicking it up and down the warehouse for half an hour before shipping.

Ex-Parcel Force delivery man, so top notch bashing about as standard.
    Rox said:
    Sassafras said:

Ex-Parcel Force delivery man, so top notch bashing about as standard.
    His manager worked for Hermes and Sports Direct so he's well pissed with his job too...
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    danban said:

Case closed.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    Sassafras said:

Did he train as a baggage handler? Or a delivery driver for Amazon?
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24848
    I hope you finished your conversation with Gibson with the phrase "I rest my case"

Otherwise massive opportunity missed IMHO
    That's okay if you can 'handle' conflict - for me that's what it would hinge on....
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    If you bought it from PMT, you could *try* speaking to a better branch of the chain and see if they can help.

My Go-To store if I'm going to deal with PMT is Oxford. The staff there are the exception to the rule and they pride themselves on it.

Try calling them on 01865 725221 and ask for Tim.
    I'm not saying they can help but *if* they can they're certainly the ones who are most likely to actually get something done and when they say they'll call you back, they actually do in my experience.
    I live nowhere near them but I don't hesitate to go to them and given my previous experiences with PMT, that's saying something.

If it's not PMT and I've misunderstood then I apologise but the tip on the Oxford branch is worth remembering for anything you might need.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    underdog said:
    Ironically Gibson's best cases (structurally) over the last decade or so is either the 2015 one or the aluminium High performance ones.
    This. My bargain 2015 Junior has that totally bling C-3PO case which looks easily capable of travelling half the world in a hold. I've had better cases than the OP's on £300 second hand deals. 
  • I just ended up getting a Hiscox GS-II pro for my 335. After 10 years of barely leaving the house with it, the Gibson case is still going tatty round the edges. Even when there are no specific faults, they just don't stand up to any kind of use.