Something I heard about at work the other day - overshoot day.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Aether Cones are superb great sound great battery life but probably too big if you are asking about 'small' speakers.

my lad has an Anker one, cannot remember the model but it can kick out for its size.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    Err. Ok.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    March 16th
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10707
    Aether Cones are superb great sound great battery life but probably too big if you are asking about 'small' speakers.

my lad has an Anker one, cannot remember the model but it can kick out for its size.
    LoFi said:
    Err. Ok.
    Lol
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    Emp_Fab said:
    March the friggin' eighth!
    My birthday

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    Sometimes, when aiming for the missus' tits I overshoot. Does that qualify as an overshoot day?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2248
    April 24th

I can't do a lot about using a car. I can get a more efficient one. I'm changing my car in Feb.

Last week I started to eat a lot more vegetables, I haven't eaten meet since last Monday, I do like salmon and I love butter.

I bought some soy milk last week, tastes like engineering lubricant used on milling machines. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    slacker said:
    April 24th

I can't do a lot about using a car. I can get a more efficient one. I'm changing my car in Feb.
    That's one of the big questions that wasn't asked - they ask how efficient your car is, but not how often you change it. Building a car uses about the same amount of energy as it does in its whole life on the road, and far more than the difference between an inefficient and an efficient one, although bviously if you have to change it then it makes sense to get a cleaner one.

Like you I don't really have a choice to use the car, unless I changed my job - carrying multiple amps on public transport isn't feasible for an amp repairer, and my other job can't easily be reached other than by car either.

I could eat less meat though...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• slackerslacker Frets: 2248
    ICBM said:
    slacker said:
    April 24th

That's one of the big questions that wasn't asked - they ask how efficient your car is, but not how often you change it. Building a car uses about the same amount of energy as it does in its whole life on the road, and far more than the difference between an inefficient and an efficient one, although bviously if you have to change it then it makes sense to get a cleaner one.

Ouch I'm scrapping my 14 yr old car and going on scheme where I change every 6 months.

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    June 12th.

Promotion of smaller families in order to solve problems we don't fully understand... one word for that - dogma.

Thomas Malthus was a great man, but his ideas are not cast in stone. The notion that over-population is a cause of these problems is incorrect.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    Very true, although the reduction in population growth - which occurs naturally as living standards rise, it doesn't need to be imposed - will help solve the problem in the end. It's not all good, and there will likely be major problems before we finally get there, but more technological progress is the solution and not the problem.

This is worth watching if you haven't seen it before.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Also in terms of meat production, the only argument I'm seeing is that we should be eating more rare steak!!
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Also in terms of meat production, the only argument I'm seeing is that we should be eating more rare steak!!

Indeed, that would cut down on our energy consumption. We wouldn't have to cook it for so long.