Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Helix pricing - WTF?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited September 2017
    But you'll be living a lie! Surel you don't want that?  I mean, how wiil you sleep at night?  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    edited September 2017
    siraxeman said:
    But you'll be living a lie! Surel you don't want that?  I mean, how wiil you sleep at night?  
    Says 'sir' axeman OBE ;)
  • Cabicular said:
    siraxeman said:
    Says 'sir' axeman OBE ;)
    I don't sleep at night, I stay up worrying about my lack of HT....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cabicular said:
    siraxeman said:
    Says 'sir' axeman OBE ;)
    I sleep great. It's you RE folks living a lie. I'm just a regular FE Helix guy going forward. :lol:
  • x-valves4everx-valves4ever Frets: 104
    edited September 2017
    Cabicular said:
    siraxeman said:
    Says 'sir' axeman OBE
    I don't sleep at night, I stay up worrying about my lack of HT....
    You've lost me mate...never mind...don't really understand what you're getting at...I love my Helix and I like valves as well....still,it's a big world and there's plenty of room for all of us including you....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    @valves4ever. Really interesting to hear your views on helix vs all the other gear you've owned.  I have one of the new wave of modellers (amplifire) and my mesa valve amp is still better for overall tone and feel. 

Having said that I nearly always use my amplifire. Much more flexible, tones are very inspiring and most importantly I can play silently using headphones when the kids are in bed.

In case you didn't know sir axeman is a great proponent of flat earth theory. There's a separate and very long thread about that elsewhere on this forum.
  • fnpt said:
    siraxeman said:

Helix floor model ordered. Holding you lot responsible for this...I'm now committed.

Spend time with it. Don't expect immediate results to be amazing. Avoid the presets. Play with settings especially pad and auto impedance.

I took nearly the full 30 days to bond with mine and get it working as I wanted. 

My only real tip is stereo (not dual) cabs with a smudge of reverb before the cab on one side if you want an airy feel. 
    Could you please elaborate a bit please? I usually resort to dual cabs.
    @fnpt I prefer to use two cabs on a split path vs the inbuilt dual cabs. It opens up a few tricks like putting a very small reverb or an eq  after the path split but before the cab block. 

I just like having a bit more control over the signal chain than the dual cab block allows. 
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    @Teetonetal Thanks, I think I got it.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • still £1049 at Coda Music....
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    The madness continues.

BAX shop has Helix at £1369 now....and LT at £710.

?!?!?

• Imagine if you'd bought an LT at £725 then returned it, only to find the prices have just shot up to £1049. Ha! What kind of tool would do that!?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • £1063 @ PMT Music £799 for the LT version.