Jogger pushes woman in front of bus

What's Hot

Comments

• aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    My attitude, as a runner, is that the obligation is on the faster and less usual (if you get what I mean) person to avoid danger.  So runner needs to move, slow, or even stop, it's not the fault of a pedestrian.  A bike would have to do the same for a runner.
    We can't say that pedestrians need to be constantly looking for runners and dodging out of their way.  If you run it's up to you to avoid obstacles, including slower or stationary people.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    aord43 said:
    My attitude, as a runner, is that the obligation is on the faster and less usual (if you get what I mean) person to avoid danger.  So runner needs to move, slow, or even stop, it's not the fault of a pedestrian.  A bike would have to do the same for a runner.
    We can't say that pedestrians need to be constantly looking for runners and dodging out of their way.  If you run it's up to you to avoid obstacles, including slower or stationary people.
    My attitude is pavements are for pedestrians and not cyclists or joggers. There are plenty of parks in London for jogging or running.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    aord43 said:
    My attitude is pavements are for pedestrians and not cyclists or joggers. There are plenty of parks in London for jogging or running.
    Some pavements are for cyclists.  Not so much in London, admittedly, but I don't live there.  Also there's nothing wrong with jogging on the path provided you don't get in the way, you're just a faster pedestrian.  What do you want, a speed limit?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    The guy arrested is a US investment banker who claims he wasn't in the country at the time.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Fretwired said:
    aord43 said:
    Just make sure you walk or drive there ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72887
    Fretwired said:

Don't shoot me but the guy was jogging the woman was walking .. she could have got out of the way.
    She wasn't in his way - in fact she did very slightly move to her left as he approached.

He would have passed her without touching if he hadn't deliberately pushed her - even if he'd continued in a straight line and there wasn't a large clear space to his left that he could have used.

I don't know why you're trying to make excuses for him - there is none, it was clearly an unprovoked assault which could have had fatal consequences.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    aord43 said:

Some pavements are for cyclists.  Not so much in London, admittedly, but I don't live there.  Also there's nothing wrong with jogging on the path provided you don't get in the way, you're just a faster pedestrian.  What do you want, a speed limit?
    We'll agree to disagree. Cyclists shouldn't have no access to pavements unless there is a designated cycle lane, but even then you take your life in your hands if you want to cross the road. I've been hit twice by cyclists riding on a pavement and it wasn't funny - it hurt. The same goes for joggers .. speed limit. YES .. normal walking pace .. want to run use the road or go to a park.

The guy in the clip is the typical arsehole who thinks he has a divine right to charge around the place. Many cyclists are far worse, especially in London .. I've seen them not bothering stopping at a zebra crossing.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2017
    ICBM said:
    Fretwired said:

Don't shoot me but the guy was jogging the woman was walking .. she could have got out of the way.
    She wasn't in his way - in fact she did very slightly move to her left as he approached.

He would have passed her without touching if he hadn't deliberately pushed her - even if he'd continued in a straight line and there wasn't a large clear space to his left that he could have used.

I don't know why you're trying to make excuses for him - there is none, it was clearly an unprovoked assault which could have had fatal consequences.
    I said don't shoot me .. I was repeating what joggers Inc were saying .. see the comments above and go over to YouTube .. I think the guy's an arsehole. The best comment I saw was a guy saying the woman tried to trip him ... these guys are joggers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10759
    edited August 2017
    He pushed someone into a road.

There is absolutely no excuse for that. It simply cannot be justified, under any circumstances whatsoever. He is bloody lucky she's not dead. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    viz said:

There is absolutely no excuse for that. It simply cannot be justified, under any circumstances whatsoever. He is bloody lucky she's not dead. 
    She's bloody luck she's not dead or seriously injured.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10759
    Fretwired said:
    viz said:

She's bloody luck she's not dead or seriously injured.
    Oh yes, that too!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:

I said don't shoot me .. I was repeating what joggers Inc were saying .. see the comments above and go over to YouTube .. 
    Sorry… maybe you should have said that :).

I totally agree, and he needs to have the book thrown at him. That may make other arseholes think twice about it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    ICBM said:
    Fretwired said:

I said don't shoot me .. I was repeating what joggers Inc were saying .. see the comments above and go over to YouTube .. 
    Sorry… maybe you should have said that :).
    He did.
    Fretwired said:
    aord43 said:

We'll agree to disagree. Cyclists shouldn't have no access to pavements unless there is a designated cycle lane, but even then you take your life in your hands if you want to cross the road. I've been hit twice by cyclists riding on a pavement and it wasn't funny - it hurt. The same goes for joggers .. speed limit. YES .. normal walking pace .. want to run use the road or go to a park.

The guy in the clip is the typical arsehole who thinks he has a divine right to charge around the place. Many cyclists are far worse, especially in London .. I've seen them not bothering stopping at a zebra crossing.
    Sorry you've had bad experiences but I am a driver, a cyclist, a runner, and a pedestrian.  There are examples of arseholes in all of these but I consider myself to act considerately in all cases and I don't advocate banning them due to the actions of some.  Complete segregation is unreasonable - there are shared paths with signs for cyclists and pedestrians where I live, sometimes separated by a line but other times sharing the path.
    I am just as annoyed at any of them behaving badly including so-called "fellow" cyclists and runners.  Not sure how this got on to cyclists tbh.  but cyclists or runners, don't taint all of them on the actions of what actually is a minority.  I've sat at traffic lights with (no exaggeration) 20+ cyclists waiting patiently when one or two blatantly sail through red.  Don't tar us all due to the actions of those idiots.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_TNBD said:

He did.
    No he didn't. Read the thread again and show me where he ever mentioned YouTube or "joggers Inc". If anything he initially came across as making excuses… "I'm not condoning it but".

If that's not what Fretwired really meant then I accept that, but it's *not* how it comes across.

There's no more excuse for it than for some other arsehole trying to endanger you with two tons of metal, so why (again) are you having a go at me for something I basically agree with you about?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

He did.
    No he didn't. Read the thread again and show me where he ever mentioned YouTube or "joggers Inc". If anything he initially came across as making excuses… "I'm not condoning it but".

If that's not what Fretwired really meant then I accept that, but it's *not* how it comes across.

There's no more excuse for it than for some other arsehole trying to endanger you with two tons of metal, so why (again) are you having a go at me for something I basically agree with you about?
    Fretwired did - look at the quote, he bolded the question from the previous poster and I understood his first line to be the reply to that.  It's not massively explicit though so I can see why it looks like his argument.
    ICBM said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

He did.

Oh please .. it's a discussion ... and you're being a little disingenuous .. ;-)

What you quoted and complained about was written by me in direct response to a question ... I deliberately highlighted it .. just scroll up .. :-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31046
    edited August 2017
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Someone in a Land Rover deliberately hit me when I was cycling the other week.

It was the best £20 I've ever spent.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    aord43 said:

Sorry you've had bad experiences but I am a driver, a cyclist, a runner, and a pedestrian.  There are examples of arseholes in all of these but I consider myself to act considerately in all cases and I don't advocate banning them due to the actions of some.  Complete segregation is unreasonable - there are shared paths with signs for cyclists and pedestrians where I live, sometimes separated by a line but other times sharing the path.
    I am just as annoyed at any of them behaving badly including so-called "fellow" cyclists and runners.  Not sure how this got on to cyclists tbh.  but cyclists or runners, don't taint all of them on the actions of what actually is a minority.  I've sat at traffic lights with (no exaggeration) 20+ cyclists waiting patiently when one or two blatantly sail through red.  Don't tar us all due to the actions of those idiots.
    I agree, but rules are generally there to protect the majority from the consequences of actions by a minority. Where I live we have narrow pavements .. there's no way we can have space for joggers and cyclists but they do it anyway and people get injured.

• GassageGassage Frets: 31046
    One point to those that defend the runner-  (not specifically on here, I hasten to add).

Call me old fashioned, misogynistic or at best chivalrous, but one of the more horrific elements of this to me is it's a man doing it to a woman.

Wrong on so many levels.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom