What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited August 2017
    aord43 said:
    quarky said:
    aord43 said:
    And I agree with you there....on the cyclists anyway.  Unless the path is specifically designated to be shared, it must not be.
    As far as running goes, if the path is narrow I tend to move into the road or grass verge or whatever.
    Pavements are for pedestrians. Nothing says that this does not include people walking, hopping, running, walking backwards, or skipping. I would agree that the people doing anything other than walking have an obligation to look out for others, but this doesn't change the fact that people are allowed on pavements regardless of how they choose to place their feet. When I am running I would move for others, but if there were two people walking side by side coming towards me, I would expect one of them to move to the side rather than me to have to go into the road (just as if I was walking).

Cyclists should be on the road because they are not by definition pedestrians.

I take it you have never encountered anything like this then?
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.3234751,-0.2181976,3a,75y,25.15h,74.9t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAa5Zt7a-qn2V5GI3Ap18eg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

But that isn't a normal footpath. I was talking about cyclists on normal footpaths. I tell my kids to ride on the footpath too by the way, but I also tell them to get off if there are pedestrians :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24438
    FX_Munkee said:
    Fretwired said:
    The guy arrested is a US investment banker who claims he wasn't in the country at the time.
    As alibis go that's very much "shit or bust".
    Absolutely!  So if he's got proof, the police will look like idiots, if he hasn't - and it turns out to be him, then he's got "Prize Fuckwit" to add to the epithets he has already acquired.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Most normal people can manage a run in London without hitting anyone. I must have run about 10,000 miles over the 16 or so years I lived their and the mrs rather more than that without ever hitting anyone. It's really not that hard. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    US investment banker didn't do it .. his alibi was solid.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!