Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Do you print your digital photos?

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 5006
In the days of film, a roll of negatives were duly printed. Printing digital photos is easy enough but how often do you do it. Or are they displayed as a slideshow  on an iPad or laptop?

Just wondering...
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• No.  But I have backed them up.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27488
    Yes, absolutely. I have a bunch on the walls. And I use a lot of my best shots as desktop wallpaper for my work laptop.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • My g/f has a digital picture frame, the type that changes through the photos loaded on to it, but most of the time it isn't used.
  • Yes we sort through every month or so, or after a big trip. Put them in a 'to print' folder, then each month get them printed. We have a massive wall in the kitchen filled with photos that everyone always looks at to see whats changed, an plenty of others doted around the place in each room - I'm not particularly good at looking back, so I like them as you can see how much we've evolved as a family and made our lives. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12468
    Yes. We've got a bunch printed and framed covering a whole wall in the hall. Favourite moments from holidays mostly, but some family ones as well. 
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    no.
  • Yes. Every single portrait I take as part of my series, plus other important shots. 

I don't look at digital photos a lot post editing because I've got albums. 
  • Actually some photos get up to three edits: one for screen, one for my own cheap inkjet printer and sometimes a third for printing onto rag or similar. 
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1785
    boogieman said:
    Yes. We've got a bunch printed and framed covering a whole wall in the hall. Favourite moments from holidays mostly, but some family ones as well. 
    We started our own similar family photo wall about 6months ago, it's great fun. I've recently printed another few which I need to get frames for.
    Even the ones that aren't printed I regularly flick through the online folders of to reminisce about the kids being younger.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    My g/f has a digital picture frame, the type that changes through the photos loaded on to it, but most of the time it isn't used.
    Twas a gimmick.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7322
    Yeah but have lapsed a bit this year.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24863
    I tend to view them on an iPad - it's the ideal way to flip through them - more user-friendly than a laptop. If I could afford one, I'd have an iPad Pro.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2931
    We have a photo album for pictures of our son but other than that I never bother printing stuff off, or even looking at the digital photos much of the time tbh.
  • I print the best ones, usually enlarged to 8x10 or 11x14 and store them in a portfolio box which folds open for viewing
  • I tend to view them on an iPad - it's the ideal way to flip through them - more user-friendly than a laptop. If I could afford one, I'd have an iPad Pro.

iPads are good for photos, I send a lot to my mum's iPad so she can flick through them. 

I definitely prefer prints - it's a silly emotional thing, but a photo isn't really a photo to me until it's printed. Plus, there is just something about going through a physical album. 

I like big prints too. My biggest print is a 90x60cm from a 10mp Nikon d200. It's a good print, although not my best picture. I have a 30x45 wedding ring shot for my parents printed to glass, and a baby photo of my cousin printed on photo rag that's beautiful. The glass print isn't bad at all,but hard to store - rolling up big prints into tubes is better, and you can't beat a top end photo paper for presentation.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24863
    I tend to view them on an iPad - it's the ideal way to flip through them - more user-friendly than a laptop. If I could afford one, I'd have an iPad Pro.

iPads are good for photos, I send a lot to my mum's iPad so she can flick through them. 

I definitely prefer prints - it's a silly emotional thing, but a photo isn't really a photo to me until it's printed. Plus, there is just something about going through a physical album. 

I like big prints too. My biggest print is a 90x60cm from a 10mp Nikon d200. It's a good print, although not my best picture. I have a 30x45 wedding ring shot for my parents printed to glass, and a baby photo of my cousin printed on photo rag that's beautiful. The glass print isn't bad at all,but hard to store - rolling up big prints into tubes is better, and you can't beat a top end photo paper for presentation.

Something else I've done is put a selection of the very best images I've taken on a USB and viewed them on my TV.

I didn't realise just how good modern digital is until I saw it on such a big screen.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24575
    Since the advent of digital photography, I've come to realise I don't look at any photos I've taken anymore.  I still take them, but they never get looked at!
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1757

This.

I have hundreds (thousands?) of digital photos from holidays etc but I do print out the favourite ones as once you can hold it in your hand - it's just more natural. Also - I find that we pay more attention to detail once you can look at the printed photo and we tend to enjoy it more - it is emotional.

I also find that when I show some photos to elder members of my family they much prefer print outs than holding a device in hands, being smartphone, camera or ipad. 
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Yes, all the important ones. Technology is too fragile. 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4163
    edited August 2017
    Yes IRocker said:
    In the days of film, a roll of negatives were duly printed. Printing digital photos is easy enough but how often do you do it. Or are they displayed as a slideshow  on an iPad or laptop?

Just wondering...
    Yes I do like to print the occasional photo. My wife likes to put them up around the house. And we've made a few photo books for the kids.