Can we get an up to date list of mods, admins, and others of the higher echelon?

What's Hot
I think it's high time we saw a list of the admins and modmins of tFB. Threads get locked, threads go missing, responses get edited, and it's not always obvious who has done it or for what reasons. I'd like suggest full transparency on part of the runners of the site in order to encourage open and free debate.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Good idea.  I had no idea Roland was a mod for instance.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27762
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    That's the end of that then
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17704
    tFB Trader
    Everything that gets changed should be noted. Open is the policy.
    I guess I disagree. I've definitely seen threads get closed without being noted by a moderator or admin.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17704
    tFB Trader
    I'm sure it happens but I suspect it's forgetfulness rather than a conspiracy.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26864
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I guess I disagree. I've definitely seen threads get closed without being noted by a moderator or admin.
    Exactly this - if we need to do something in a hurry and we're busy with other stuff, the last step of the process can sometimes get missed. I know I'm guilty of this from time to time.
    <space for hire>
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Exactly this - if we need to do something in a hurry and we're busy with other stuff, the last step of the process can sometimes get missed. I know I'm guilty of this from time to time.
    And is that an acceptable breach of the codes of conduct? The interventions thread hasn't been updated in almost a month.

Seems to me if we're going to have codes of conduct for users of the site (no Chappers bashing, don't be a dick, etc.. etc...) then the least that the admin and moderators could do is stick to the rules.
    edited August 2017
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    And is that an acceptable breach of the codes of conduct? The interventions thread hasn't been updated in almost a month.

Seems to me if we're going to have codes of conduct for users of the site (no Chappers bashing, don't be a dick, etc.. etc...) then the least that the admin and moderators could do is stick to the rules.
    You're right, and we do our best to do it...however, we're still human.

For what it's worth, our guidelines don't say that we must update the interventions thread - that was originally for actions where we couldn't note stuff in a thread (eg somebody being banned for classifieds stuff that went on behind the scenes etc). Nowadays, we tend to post in a thread when we're closing it/moving it, and rather than delete comments we edit them to say we've removed the content. We were a bit inconsistent with that between us (some of us put notifications in the interventions thread, others don't if there's a more appropriate place to notify people), but we always try to note it somewhere.

Consider what happens when a thread is justifiably flagged - we discuss it, then we take action, then we edit some comments out, then we comment on the thread to say we've done something, then we PM the offender (which usually ends up in a Godwin-laden discussion), then we put it in the behind-the-scenes thread...putting it in another place is somewhat redundant, given that all the people to whom it's relevant can already see what's happened.
    <space for hire>
    Right-o. Well I guess my interest ends there then.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Truth is, we haven't actually had to intervene much at all lately. The most I've done, I think, is move a couple of threads to more appropriate areas.

Which is the way we like it.
    <space for hire>
    No worries. I'll be on my best behaviour. I'm turning over a new leaf and going SJW.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33858
    Drew_TNBD said:
    No worries. I'll be on my best behaviour. I'm turning over a new leaf and going SJW.
    Duck.
    no... chuck.
    no, I mean, cuck.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Drew_TNBD said:
    You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mellowsun said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant. 

Y'know... a meme would've done dude!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33858
    edited August 2017
    Drew_TNBD said:
    mellowsun said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/283/410/33b.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6401
    Drew_TNBD said:
    mellowsun said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24507
    @TTony ..that list still has me on it mate.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."