SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 'ESP-LTD' EC 401 Charcoal Satin - * £340 *

What's Hot
AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
edited September 2017 in Guitars £
In out-of-the-box 'As New' condition. Hung on the wall for a few months and done virtually nothing. Played carefully a handful of times and that's it. I restrung it recently with 10-46 D'addarios.
Not a single mark anywhere in the satin finish, all the black hardware is as new and the EMG pickups are unmarked from any playing. It's done nothing much at all. There's no fret wear at all.
It has factory fitted EMG pickups, 81 Bridge and 60 Neck.
Comes in a decent quality 'Ritter' padded gig bag and I'll throw in a free of D'addario 110XL (10-46) strings which are what is has on now.

£340.

**SOLD**

Collection only from Bedford or I'll travel a reasonable distance to meet up with the right deal but I don't have a car so I'm on trains or buses.
This one can't be shipped, it's the wrong kind of guitar to ship without its original box and a hard case. Even then it's risky.

Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/xDs1CYL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/h4okTdw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/R8aNac2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QDZwWWW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/v1TYqAs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bTgP4tE.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14433
    I wish that my old, white, Crafted In Indonesia EC-401W had a sculptured neck heel like yours. 

Are the EMG pickups the type with a three-pin block connector on the underside? (This makes them easy to change to other makes and models of "Solderless" active pickup.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I wish that my old, white, Crafted In Indonesia EC-401W had a sculptured neck heel like yours. 

Are the EMG pickups the type with a three-pin block connector on the underside? (This makes them easy to change to other makes and models of "Solderless" active pickup.)
    Yes, they're exactly those ones.
    It's EMG 3 pin wiring as far as the harness and then it's factory soldered parts.
    With slack, better removed strings you could swap pickups in minutes.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11758
    Bargain with price drop here!  I've played this, lighter and more modern than a traditional LP shaped guitar, well worth a try!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    edited August 2017
    i have the EC-1000 and these ESP are superb singlecut guitars, to the point i dont really use my Gibson at all and might as well sell it! 
    GLWTS 
  • Talk to me if you still have this when it comes to the jam... I'm nowhere near you but might be tempted if it comes with you and I have a try. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Talk to me if you still have this when it comes to the jam... I'm nowhere near you but might be tempted if it comes with you and I have a try. 
    That's 2 weeks on Saturday so if nothing has happened with it by then, then yeah I'll try to bring it with me.
    Nice idea, thanks.

See what happens here first and hope Doug doesn't get the kind of guitar I want and can afford in stock in the next 2 weeks. I missed the last couple of 80's styled rock monsters at reasonable money, or as I like to call them.... 'Coda Essentials'.

I've dropped the price to something attractive and it won't get lower.
    I'd prefer to trade but I won't turn down £401.
    And yes, I do want the £1 !!!
    lol
    :)
  • Alnico said:
    lol
    £400 and a cuppa won't cut it then? Surely there's no price too high for ten minutes over a brew in my company? ;)

Alnico said:
    lol
    £400 and a cuppa won't cut it then? Surely there's no price too high for ten minutes over a brew in my company? ;)
    I would have bought a coffee with the £1 anyway.
    Sounds good.
    I can't promise I'll still have it by then but if I do you're welcome. 
    If you're passing come and try it ?
  • Likewise I'm not promising I'll buy it, but you can call me interested and I'd like to try it if you still have it :)

• Which makes me wonder if we should have a "bring and buy" element to the jam ;) 

Price reduced to £401 for a laugh and to make it a bit more attractive. It won't go any lower.
    I'd really like a trade with something Ibanez RG ish and double locking Floyd style tremolo but cash will go a long way towards one of those for me.
    Paypal is fine, I can spend it just as easily that way.

Free strings, free coffee and a laugh playing it at normally Wife-Annoying volume levels at my place.
    (Because my Wife isn't a blood thirsty harpie set on destroying every fibre of my happiness..............and she probably won't be at home anyway).
    I'm equally happy to take the guitar for a coffee somewhere and meet other guitars?
    A headphone practice amp isn't impossible to sort out.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Bit of a barg this. I can vouch for the seller (although I'm guessing most members can).
    Tempted myself.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    ennspek said:
    Bit of a barg this. I can vouch for the seller (although I'm guessing most members can).
    Tempted myself.
    You gonna fight @Legionreturns over it at the Jam? 

Fight! Fight!
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Handbags!
    Yeah.......when I said we were going to have an amplifier shootout I didn't mean we were going to hide behind amps and literally shoot at each other.
    If it hasn't sold before the Jam it would be daft not to bring it with me for anyone to buy or trade so yes, I will definitely bring it if it's still here in 2 weeks time.
    Otherwise it's clean, put away and ready to go any time. 
  • Partial trade for something aesthetically a good match (same body shape!) but with the accoutrements of an Ibanez superstrat?

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/29290/fs-ft-a-superstrat-in-les-paul-clothing-kramer-assault-220fr-in-alpine-white

Mahogany body, set mahogany neck, ebony fretboard, in superb condition- similar amount of play to yours, just don't get on with the flat radius!

edited August 2017
    Partial trade for something aesthetically a good match (same body shape!) but with the accoutrements of an Ibanez superstrat?

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/29290/fs-ft-a-superstrat-in-les-paul-clothing-kramer-assault-220fr-in-alpine-white

Mahogany body, set mahogany neck, ebony fretboard, in superb condition- similar amount of play to yours, just don't get on with the flat radius!

Thanks for the offer but it's not my kind of thing really.
    It's the same with this Ltd, there's not a thing wrong with it, just feels somehow not right in my hands and stuff like Ibanez RG's and other superstrats do.

Good luck with your sale though.
    One last bump and then I'll consider plan B.
    edited August 2017
    Plan B sucked.
    Back up for sale.
    Plan C is now in immediate effect.

The only trade I'm interested in is a decent Ibanez RG Superstrat. Used Premier and Prestige models go for around 400-500 so if a trade for one of them comes up, I can do a bit of cash as well.

Otherwise it's for sale to fund something along those lines.
  • Hey buddy, unless I manage to sell some stuff before the weekend I'll not be entering the scrap for this baby. Sorry, I bought an amp!