Storing an amp in a garage?

What's Hot
mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
So, I've sold my house to go traveling , I have a garage which I'm storing stuff in.. would a mesa boogie combo be ok in there?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72485
    Maybe… how dry is the garage?

Even if it does appear completely dry you will often get rust on the metalwork and other problems though. If you're just putting it into storage and don't need to get it out for a long time probably the best thing to do is wrap it in plastic sheeting and tape it up thoroughly to make sure it's airtight - do this somewhere warm and dry so you're not trapping any moisture inside.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    Can you leave it with family or friends? as IC says despite your best efforts, if it is left in a garage, where there are temperature swings, something (usually the transformer laminations are first), will start to rust.  
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    Garage is very dry, it has recently been returned so should be ok? I'll wrap it in cling film and hope for the best , cheers ! 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7343
    So, you want it covered is indelible spider droppings; sodden and damp and maybe used as a rats nest??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    Good suggestion.. or maybe I should just sell it? 
  • Make sure its in a case or something as it can get damp, and the moisture can damage the electrics.
  • Best option buy a decent flight case
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3633
    mrleon83 said:
    Good suggestion.. or maybe I should just sell it? 
    Sell it if you are going for a good long while.