What's for tea?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    What a great time of year, I went over to my neighbours to give him a hand to collect the ripe plums off his tree this morning.

He gave me two carrier bags full, I gave one bag to my ol mam & dad & I'm just baking some plum crumble in the oven, smells good. Yum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LozboyLozboy Frets: 80
    I'm having a doner kebab in a naan with chili sauce and salad with some chips.

...accompanied by a bottle of Champagne! (it was a free gift)

I am pure class.
    That champers is dragging down an otherwise exquisite dish.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
    hotpot said:
    What a great time of year, I went over to my neighbours to give him a hand to collect the ripe plums off his tree this morning.

He gave me two carrier bags full, I gave one bag to my ol mam & dad & I'm just baking some plum crumble in the oven, smells good. Yum

My plums are pretty ripe his time of year, bursting with juicy manly population paste

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

Monkfish wrapped in Parma ham with esparagus and a drizzle of lemon mayonnaise.

...actually, Ill probably have spag bol as its a lot less fucking fuss on a Thursday night.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Leftover slow cooker Chilli* tonight with rice.

*I say "Chilli" but it's more "Molten Lava Garnished With Food".

Nom :)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I did turkey saltimbocca last night, and I'm doing quesadillas tonight.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • BorkBork Frets: 259
    Fish and chips, with hand made beer batter and deep fried the low tech way by me. It's been nearly 2 years since I last tasted proper fish and chips.  I can't get mushy marrowfat peas where I am so have had to make do with 'bashed' garden peas with herbs and lemon juice. 

I know it doesn't sound very impressive but it was a real taste of home.  

My son wasn't impressed with the fish though.  All I had was frozen tilapia fillets.

[This space for rent]

I've done fancier stuff in the past.  Mackerel wrapped in home dried, smoked bacon with a citrus stuffing.  Boulliabaise, thai red, green and yellow curries, laksa and tortilla are favourites during winter too.  I've had to become pretty self sufficient - do my own sandwich bread, donuts, banana bread, christmas cake and lunch, ice cream, sorbets etc.

[This space for rent]

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Are you at the North Pole? !
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    This thread is Facebook and ICM £5
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Shan's birthday today, so I've pushed the boat out and bought some gin flavoured with berries for her, plus tonic, and lime, of course. And it's Newcastle Brooon for me.

I forgot to get her a birthday card but the girl next door to my mum had a spare one she got from the charity shop with a picture of two boxer dogs going head-to-head on it, so I blagged that and gave it to her. She didn't look too impressed, but I think I might have got away with it.

So, dinner will more than likely be a bake-your-own Tesco baguette, always assuming we can manage open the wrapper. I spotted some tinned sardines and mackerel lurking in the back of the ffridge, which sounds like a match made in heaven to me. Bit of Lea & Perrins on the top, and away we go. I accept that she might not be overjoyed at this admittedly scant selection on the birthday menu, but she's just going to have to bird-up and deal with it.

I know how to treat a girl. 

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4931
    You spoil that woman, matey.

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
    Best thread on FB, bar none.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    ...here's one I wouldn't ordinarily sanction, but a neighbour keeps giving us masses of bloody courgettes...(uselss, tasteless things), so been making Courgette Spaghetti/pasta bake...

Basically, loads chopped onion, garlic oliver oil, Italian herb mix, black pepper and a little chilli powder and salt into baking dish covered to steam off in maxed out oven. Then after 15min remove, toss, return, Then after 20mins, remove and add par-cooked pasta and add Mozzarella and Parmesan and return to bake off another 20mins max... Is bloody lovely!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Best thread on FB, bar none.
    What does that say about us?
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    57Deluxe said:
    ...here's one I wouldn't ordinarily sanction, but a neighbour keeps giving us masses of bloody courgettes...(uselss, tasteless things), so been making Courgette Spaghetti/pasta bake...

Basically, loads chopped onion, garlic oliver oil, Italian herb mix, black pepper and a little chilli powder and salt into baking dish covered to steam off in maxed out oven. Then after 15min remove, toss, return, Then after 20mins, remove and add par-cooked pasta and add Mozzarella and Parmesan and return to bake off another 20mins max... Is bloody lovely!

You may wish to consider a courgette quiche, too. I'm no lover of the things, but they're OK in a quiche, with a little bit of onion and cheese.

edited August 2017
    Are you at the North Pole? !
    Logistically, I might as well be.  Today was 37.5 degrees C though so perhaps not...I live in southern central China...remote from western civilisation.  I have to buy my worcester sauce from Hong Kong.

[This space for rent]

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16782
    57Deluxe said:
    ...here's one I wouldn't ordinarily sanction, but a neighbour keeps giving us masses of bloody courgettes...(uselss, tasteless things)
    Slice and fry gently in butter until soft,  finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.  
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4931
    Try slicing them about 1 cm thick, put on skewers with onion and peppers, drizzle with olive oil and grill/barbecue them.

Also they're good for bulking-up stuff like Thai green curry, spag bol, etc - adding substance without significantly changing flavour...