Somebody isn't happy with Apple

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    The retina screens on the Macbook Pro's are lovely. Pisses all over my cheapo windoze laptop anyways.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72634
    wave100 said:
    I agree with him about iTunes - one of the most annoying programs on the planet. You shouldn't need to have to read the manual to get a media player to do what you want it to do.
    I don't understand the hate for iTunes - I use it every day and don't have any problems with it. I didn't even know there was a manual! There have been a few upgrades - maybe three or four in the last fifteen years or so - which caused trouble and left me temporarily wondering if I still thought it was OK, but it's always been sorted out at the next one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Stevepage said:
    Never got the hype with Apple stuff. Sure when the iPhone came out it changed how people used their phones but, I wouldn't ever take a MacBook over a decent Windows Pc.
    Decent Windows PC being the operative word. Always surprises me how people compare a Macbook with your average PC World student laptop ... not even slightly in the same price bracket. 

I recently bought a laptop that should last a fair few years. .. Win 10, 16gb RAM, 2x 240gb SSD, i7 Quad core, GTX970 graphics, full HD screen. Plus it has a full range of actual USB and HDMI ports I can plug into on the side without needing adapters. Plus I can just open it up and shove more RAM in, or a bigger HDD, should I need to.

My photographer friend just bought a new Macbook with about two thirds of the spec, a stupid emoji bar and very limited connectivity, it's also utterly impossible to get into and upgrade and cost a good bit over twice the price of my laptop. I don't get it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 750
    From what I can see, it's as hard to record a skype video call as it is with Facetime, neither support recording.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Drew_TNBD said:
    The retina screens on the Macbook Pro's are lovely. Pisses all over my cheapo windoze laptop anyways.
    Yeah, but if you were so inclined, I'm sure you could buy an expensive Windoze laptop with an equally nice screen.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10455
    What you can't buy is a Windows laptop with a decent alloy chassis and hinges .... they could make one but I haven't seen one yet. Some of the higher end stuff comes close ... some of the Dell Precision workstation laptops are pretty well made but nobody makes a Windows laptop in the same way a Macbook Pro is made... presumably because it's too dammed expensive to ?

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 233
    I bought my first mac in 1995 and after 6 macs i moved to a surface pro last year. The final straw was a 2y old ipad air that wouldn't charge and they wanted £240 to replace. My iPhone 6 is 3y old and if the rumors are true regarding the price of the iPhone 8 i am looking at Samsung. Windows 10 on the surface is every bit as good as osx and has never crashed or caused me any problems. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28694
    Danny1969 said:
    What you can't buy is a Windows laptop with a decent alloy chassis and hinges ....  
    Lenovo Yoga 900. Also has a near-4K touchscreen. And mine is bright orange.

The hinge is a thing of beauty. Like a watch strap full of gears.

https://images.techhive.com/images/article/2016/03/02_hero_shot_video-100652604-orig.png

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723

Again, from watching this, it's baffling the education and intelligence this man has yet he cant figure out simple software workarounds. 

Makes me suspicious - did some manufacturer say "if you say this and this about Apple to all your followers we will give you new computers and software for your home studio". 

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2204
    edited August 2017

Again, from watching this, it's baffling the education and intelligence this man has yet he cant figure out simple software workarounds. 

Makes me suspicious - did some manufacturer say "if you say this and this about Apple to all your followers we will give you new computers and software for your home studio". 

I think there's an element of courting controversy and raising his profile. On reflection, I suspect he knows exactly what he's doing.

It's not a competition.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422

I think there's an element of courting controversy and raising his profile. On reflection, I suspect he knows exactly what he's doing.

tbh I had to unsubscribe from his channel as he was posting too much noise
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I think the annoying thing is Apple's attitude though - it kind of says "fuck you" - want to use that expensive thunderbolt interface you just bought last year? Tough shit, you can't. Want to use that set of headphones you bought because of their superb sound quality? Guess what, you can't.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6193

I think there's also a bit of "WTF do I upload to my channel today?" about it for some of these guys. Bit like the synth-channel I watch where the guy uploaded a 45-min video of him making spaghetti carbonara."
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2417
    I agree with what he has to say about iTunes; there does seem to be a lot of pointless stuff. However, instead of moaning about it I simply use what's useful and don't use what's not.