Shaving - have some people forgotten how to do it?

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4986
Match of the Day Two.  Last night.  The Liverpool manager, the Chelsea manager, the MOTD2 presenter and a panelist all sported several days stubble.  Like as if they did not shave since the Premier League Season started.  What are they playing at?  If they wanted to grow a beard, they had all the close season to grow it.  Not acceptable to expect us to watch their weak efforts at growing beards.  If they lived in Ireland they would be advised to use some 10-10-20 [artificial fertilizer for grass] to progress it a bit.  Makes the farce of Mayweather & McGregor appear quite 'normal'.

It is civilization Jim, but not as we knew it :astonished: 
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33804
    You're over 60, aren't you?
    You don't have to conform to the stereotype if you don't want to.

[insert old man shouts at cloud picture]

13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I hate shaving. I've got sensitive skin, and thick dark hair... have been able to grow a beard since my mid teens but not everyone gets those genes.

I'd happily have the less hair growth gene if I could've picked!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    I would be more concerned with the Chelsea manager's regenerating hair tbh

Now

10reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    edited August 2017
    Yes - people have forgotten how to shave - and seemingly how to wear a tie as well.

This shameful decline in personal presentation is merely an outward manifestation of everything that is wrong in the modern world....
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16733
    Saw the thread title, guessed the OP. ;)

i shave my face once every 3 months or so
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    I alternate between a beard and clean shaven, love shaving with a cut throat makes it way more enjoyable than those ripoff multi blades.
    #thebatesmotelband
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Can't be arsed with wet shaving, not trying to impress anyone and more important things in life. Run clippers with 3mm attachment over my stubble once a week. Still, good to know it annoys people =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72469
    Octafish said:
    Can't be arsed with wet shaving, not trying to impress anyone and more important things in life. Run clippers with 3mm attachment over my stubble once a week. Still, good to know it annoys people =)
    Ditto :). I haven't shaved since I last had a 'proper job' in… er… 1995. But I don't really like a beard either, so I just use the shortest setting on a beard trimmer (ie without the guard on) once a week.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I'm not a major fan of it either but I can't grow enough facial hair on the cheeks to turn into proper stubble. Get more dense growth on the chin and moustache area for some reason. Now if it was a bit more evened out it might work.
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited August 2017
    I use double edged razors to save money. One pack of 100 Derby Extras costs me 7 quid and they last years....unless you make a habit of shaving your pubes / body hair as well
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    ICBM said:
    Octafish said:
    Ditto :). I haven't shaved since I last had a 'proper job' in… er… 1995. But I don't really like a beard either, so I just use the shortest setting on a beard trimmer (ie without the guard on) once a week.
    Me and my partner have constant disagreement over whether I have a beard. I say it's just stubble, she says it's a beard. It also confuses her because she likes the look, but not he feel...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I was trying to remember the last time I was completely clean shaven - I agreed to do the Movember thing about three years ago so I had to be clean shaven to start it. Otherwise stubbly ( the way Octafish and ICBM describe it) or beard and a brief return to moustache only ( for about two days) and not regularly clean shaven for almost ever really. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16733
    frank1985 said:
    I use double edged razors to save money. One pack of 100 Derby Extras costs me 7 quid and they last years....unless you make a habit of shaving your pubes / body hair as well
    So less than a year then?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Hate wet shaving gives me a rash, itches and it grows back too fast, so electric clippers set to keep at 4mm or so, no itching and stops me looking like I'm 15 years old
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33804
    The only shaving I do is to get rid of neck beard.

Once a year or so I do shave it all off and see what my face looks like.
    Mrs Oct was initially very resistant to me having a beard but now she much prefers is.
    I don't know if that is a good thing or not.
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    frank1985 said:
    I did that for a few years before I got a straight razor, never looked back.
    #thebatesmotelband
  • I think the longest I've ever gone without a proper shave is 2 or 3 days. I'm personally more comfortable being clean shaven.

Gillette for day to day, and a Merkur DE for days when I want a proper shave.

My stubble looks crap anyway, so even if I wanted low maintenance I'd look like a dork.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Last time I had a clean shave my missus went mental and didn't talk to me for a day. It was a good day.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Rocker, dude, it's not the world's fault you are struggling to keep up with it. Leave it be.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    I'm a natural blond, but if I ever tried to grow any facial hair it came out sort of gingerish, so I've stayed clean-shaven.

However, in my dotage my hair has turned white, so perhaps I could grow white whiskers like Father Christmas.  Or that Grumpy one in the seven dwarves.