SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - FS mint Fender Classic Player 50s Strat with custom factory order 60s neck

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7219
edited September 2017 in Guitars £
Looks new, plays and sounds great (this model has custom shop pickups) and with a custom order rosewood board.  I traded for this with a decent chap on here when I sold my Schecter but the Schecter sale didn't end up going through - it's a long tortuous complicated story and it will probably be a book one day.

Anyway I am not sure about letting the Schecter go now and I can't afford both. Come and have a play and be very impressed. It comes with a Fender gig bag but if you want it shipped I can put it in the hard case from the Schecter which looks like its done a few rounds with Mike Tyson but does the job.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Dbkfb

Price dropped to a firm £399

EDIT - just noticed that the guitar is so incredibly new and shiny looking that it's kicking off some weird reflections at the base of the body. That isn't cellophane, just the light reflecting.

Edit part 2 - I've got hold of the hang tags now that confirm that this is indeed a classic player 50s Strat with a custom ordered 60s neck that was factory fitted.  Happy to send photos to anyone ?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    This is a CP 60's not 50's - 50's has a maple fretboard
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7219
    I've been told by the chap I got it from that it was a 50s model with a custom order rosewood board. I must admit I was unaware of such a beast but there are other differences between the 2 models other than the neck, the pickups being one.

Happy to be educated though if you or anyone else knows better (that's not sarcasm btw!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14511
    If the A. R. Duchossoir Strat-spotter book is to be believed, there was a transitional point in mid-1959 when Fender was manufacturing Stratocasters with a rosewood fingerboard, three-tone sunburst finish and an eight-hole, single-ply white pickguard.

To me, this seems like a classic case of Leo Fender using up old (READ: paid for) parts stock before breaking out the new three-ply white/black/white 'guards.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FrizerFrizer Frets: 45
    edited August 2017
    Clearly has a CP 50s Pickguard though. Seems crazy but maybe a shop swapped out necks at a customer request. I'd be amazed if you can custom order a CP 50s Strat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Frizer said:
    Clearly has a CP 50s Pickguard though. Seems crazy but maybe a shop swapped out necks at a customer request. I'd be amazed if you can custom order a CP 50s Strat.
    Yes, you are right, didn't spot the single ply PG.  If the board is 12" radius then chances are it's a CP 60's neck.  Maybe a previous owner didn't like the V of the original neck and swapped it out...
    I've been told by the chap I got it from that it was a 50s model with a custom order rosewood board. I must admit I was unaware of such a beast but there are other differences between the 2 models other than the neck, the pickups being one.

Happy to be educated though if you or anyone else knows better (that's not sarcasm btw!)
    Yes pickups are different, the 60's had CS 69's and I think the 50's had 57/62 pups.  Also believe the 50's had different wiring in position 4 - bridge and neck together or something like that??
    Anyway... nice couple of bumps there  :o

Yes, thanks guys :-)   Sorry been a bit distracted with work - meant to comment earlier !
  • Back from holiday tanned and gorgeous so this is back up for sale along with the Schecter:-)
  • what is radius of fretboard :  does it have locking tuners ?
  • No locking tuners JMP and I reckon it's 9.5 radius. I'm no expert on these things but it feels a tad flatter than a 69 thinline Tele reissue I had recently.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited September 2017
    CP50s came with locking tuners AFAIK 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah ok fair enough. I'm flying back from Spain in a few hours so I'll check when I get home . I didn't think it had locking tuners but my memory is shocking.
    edited September 2017
    I'm home and looking tanned and lovely. Unfortunately no sign of locking tuners on the start , just the bog standard ones. 

Oh yeah - price drop £399 !
  • bump for price drop
  • Bump
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16119
    That particular guitar is one of the best playing strats I have ever got my hands on
  • I really want to buy this off you but you live a squillion miles away and nobody has bought my amp or pedals yet. 

Look, I'm even making sad faces at my screen :( 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Still here guys - someone please buy Legion's amp so we can get in on !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Still here guys - someone please buy Legion's amp so we can get in on !
    I know right! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you