Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Name an album on which you admire the guitar playing

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited October 2017
    Pretty much anything Guns N' Roses ever recorded including that Live Era album...

(Various stages of that)
    Released on Use Your Illusion II

(Guns N' Roses bass guitarist Duff McKagan)
    Bass work for Appetite For Destruction

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Friday a Night in San Francisco, Al Dimeola, John Mclaughlin and Paco DeLucia on fire and full of dazzling virtuosity
  • wis @Fretwired for Eruption - superb piece of work
    If forced to choose just one it is still Camel's Snow Goose, after all these years (closely followed by Mirage, containing the ineffable Lady Fantasy)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    wis @Fretwired for Eruption - superb piece of work
    If forced to choose just one it is still Camel's Snow Goose, after all these years (closely followed by Mirage, containing the ineffable Lady Fantasy)
    Camel are a superb band. Mirage is a great album, at the time it blew me away. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited October 2017
    3 Telecasters, bass & drums.

If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • Queen - A night at the opera. Especially for Good Company. If you've never heard it you're doing yourself a disservice as a musician. This is from the Classic Albums series, the whole vid is better as it explains it, but the clip I've shared is under a minute:
  • No Jimi mentioned.”Electric Lady Land”
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 659

Sonic Youth - Goo

Django Reinhardt - Djanology

Tom Waits - Real Gone

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Just been listening to T.Rex - Electric Warrior. Bolan was pretty rudimentary and most of it is three chord trick - but what a trick! He just got this brilliant sound. I think he was hugely influential on the late 70s back-to-basics players. You can hear Bolan in Steve Jones, I reckon. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
    The Damned's and The Smiths are both great shouts.

However, I'd have to go with Chad Smith's Bombastic Meatbats 'Meet the meatbats' for Jeff Kollman's great playing. If you've never seen him play before, do yourself a favour and watch this:

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited November 2017
    AlexC said:
    Just been listening to T.Rex - Electric Warrior. Bolan was pretty rudimentary and most of it is three chord trick - but what a trick! He just got this brilliant sound. I think he was hugely influential on the late 70s back-to-basics players. You can hear Bolan in Steve Jones, I reckon.
    Marc Bolan & Mick Ronson.

Bolan used a Rangemaster, while Ronson favoured a cocked Wah straight into a cranked Marshall.

http://www.analogman.com/graphics/BolanH_14rangemaster.jpg
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • AlexC said:
    Just been listening to T.Rex - Electric Warrior. Bolan was pretty rudimentary and most of it is three chord trick - but what a trick! He just got this brilliant sound.
    That's odd. I listened to that LP with a mate several years ago (in the 1980s I guess), and we both concluded the guitar sound was shite. It certainly didn't seem to have the, er, balls of the El-Clappo with Cream sound. Maybe it wasn't meant to, but that's the benchmark we were testing against.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself