Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What has gone wrong here on tFB?

What's Hot

Comments

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited August 2017
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Sporky said:
    Heartfeltdawn said:

The basis of debate is to have your argument down and watertight.
    I think that's true in the Debate Club sense, but is a forum not for discussion rather than debate? An opportunity to learn about others' views on the subject, and then mock them? Actually, in all seriousness, I have genuinely learned from people I've disagreed with here - I might not change my position entirely to theirs, but a bit more understanding is probably a good thing.
    Actually, I tend to use "discussions" on here to practice for such debates in the real world. A properly-memorised forum thread is an absolute treasure-trove for simultaneously arguing both sides when nobody else has the time to properly research the subject at hand.

Basically, it's great for making everyone else feel stupider than you. Which, after all, is the whole point of in-the-pub debates.
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I reject the premise outright tbh.

This forum has gotten better over time, not worse.
    Wait, what? Who the hell are you, and what have you done with Drew?

a lot of the bellends who can't take a joke have quietly disappeared... 

I'm still here you woman hating bitch 
     :) :) :) :)
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Sporky said:
    Heartfeltdawn said:

The basis of debate is to have your argument down and watertight.
    I think that's true in the Debate Club sense, but is a forum not for discussion rather than debate? An opportunity to learn about others' views on the subject, and then mock them? Actually, in all seriousness, I have genuinely learned from people I've disagreed with here - I might not change my position entirely to theirs, but a bit more understanding is probably a good thing.
    Actually, I tend to use "discussions" on here to practice for such debates in the real world. A properly-memorised forum thread is an absolute treasure-trove for simultaneously arguing both sides when nobody else has the time to properly research the subject at hand.

Basically, it's great for making everyone else feel stupider than you. Which, after all, is the whole point of in-the-pub debates.
    I have a tFB belt that I made for when such debates arise.

Basically i collect one liners from here tha I think sound smart (I have a 2mb text file, although some of that has data culled from the Daily Mail comments sections) and I print them out.  After I print them I cut them all out and put Velcro on the back of them and attach them to my tFB belt, which also has Velcro on it.  

If I'm debating someone in work, or just trying to make myself feel smart, I can slip a nice little one liner off my belt at random and let loose.  

I can hook you up for when you to wear when you're going to the pub, I have a Quicksilver belt im not using, it has scratches on the buckle, but is in good condition otherwise.  
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • In the couple years ive been on here ive found it to be a massive help, in every way.
    Mostly friendly people, and hugely helpful threads on gear and technique.

For the past 20 years of playing guitar, i never thought i would improve much, but i have picked up so much great info off others, and been helped out whenever i have asked.

an example: I posted about a broken diy Fuzz War clone kit i had assembled but wasnt working 100%.
    Up pipes mr @jonnygreentrees who offers to take a look. He ordered a couple bits and fixed it within days, and insisted i only pay for the parts and postage.

True ledge.
    thanks mate, happy to help!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    This place is well moderated ... hats off to the mods .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30297
    Fretwired said:

Although they haven't permanently closed Drew's account yet, so they're not perfect.
     =)  =) =) =) =)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Fretwired said:

This.

...and thanks for that guys.
  • Sassafras said:
    Fretwired said:

Although they haven't permanently closed Drew's account yet, so they're not perfect.
     =)  =) =) =) =)
    So is one to understand that you think everything that's "wrong" here, is on Drew? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    Fretwired said:

=)  =) =) =) =)
    So is one to understand that you think everything that's "wrong" here, is on Drew? 
    Yes, and the 5 smiley faces support that belief!
    Sassafras said:
    Fretwired said:

=)  =) =) =) =)
    I like @Drew_TNBD .. the place would be dull without him .. :-)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Obviously I didn't put enough smiley faces in my post.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Sassafras said:
    Fretwired said:

=)  =) =) =) =)
    Whoooosh... it went that way, over your head!
  • Octafish said:
    Sassafras said:
    Fretwired said:

=)  =) =) =) =)
    Most of this shite does...
    Octafish said:
    Sassafras said:
    Fretwired said:

=)  =) =) =) =)

Are you Rocker on an alt account? 
  • Octafish said:
    Sassafras said:
    Fretwired said:

=)  =) =) =) =)

Might be, who's asking..? 
    Octafish said:
    Sassafras said:
    Fretwired said:

=)  =) =) =) =)

I am, I'm trying to break down your hard exterior to find the inner beauty that lies beneath. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You flatter yourself.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

I am, I'm trying to break down your hard exterior to find the inner beauty that lies beneath. 
    You'll be lucky, he's from oop North!
    edited August 2017
    There are some strange things going on ... there are people being indoctrinated into worshiping the Helix. Any criticism of the Helix is rebuffed by the true believers. Critics are ostracised and mocked and have pressure put on them to acquire a Helix for themselves. Threads in praise of the Helix spring up daily. Others seek knowledge and ask questions before succumbing to the seductive langage and promises of the true believers. It is now like a religion .. even @Drew_TNBD has succumbed.

Within 12 months this place will be called The Fretboard Helix  .... it will happen .... :-)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:

You'll be lucky, he's from oop North!
    Yeah but me missus is from Londinium, so don't think any of your southern bollocks'll be lost in translation...

I didn't realise Kent was a place until recently, I thought it was an adjective....
  • Fretwired said:
    There are some strange things going on ... there are people being indoctrinated into worshiping the Helix. Any criticism of the Helix is rebuffed by the true believers. Critics are ostracised and mocked and have pressure put on them to acquire a Helix for themselves. Threads in praise of the Helix spring up daily. Others seek knowledge and ask questions before succumbing to the seductive langage and promises of the true believers. It is now like a religion .. even @Drew_TNBD has succumbed.

Within 12 months this place will be called The Fretboard Helix  .... it will happen .... :-)
    That's another one over the top of my head...what the bloody hell is a Helix?