Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Generous ebay dealer

What's Hot
KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1292
Thought I've seen everything, and then...

"Complete with FREE Hardcase at the 'Buy it now' price 
only."

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302436488749

Thank god the case is free! That fully justifies 1.5k for a modded classic vibe squier. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited September 2017
    That's actually comical, 1.5k for a CV with a few "upgrades".

If that goes for anything more than £500 then I'm in the wrong business.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    edited September 2017

Apparently they are bought by folks who hang them on the wall for display rather than play.

Not that different to a Chender or Chibson really, pretending to be something they are not.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    And he Epiphone LP at £1499 too... speechless
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1292
    Anyone who buys this deserves a slap. Two slaps!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It's a tribute innit? Complete with 'Fender tribute logos' and "As used by bands such as "The Police Academy", one of the UK's premier Police tribute bands". The price is just another tribute to the pricing of a Fender American Elite.  =)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    It looks like he sells a couple of his stock a year, he's a patient man, that's for sure.

He's actually managed to sell a few of those 1.5k Epiphones. God knows how.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Jack_ said:
    It looks like he sells a couple of his stock a year, he's a patient man, that's for sure.

He's actually managed to sell a few of those 1.5k Epiphones. God knows how.
    Stupid people. Even stupid people have money. Actually, more stupid people have money than intelligent people. I suppose they have to spend it somewhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    edited September 2017
    The prices of those tarted up budget guitars you could get a used custom shop of that brand.  Astonishing people pay that kind of money for those guitars.
  • The seller has been doing this for years...we've had several 'WTF' threads before. IIRC, he sells under muliple eBay IDs (or at least, used to).

I seem to remember there was some debate about his T&C, which were something like "Pay upfront, you might get something that looks like the picture...or not. However, you won't get your money back."

Or maybe..."Pay £1.5K upfront, I'll go buy a £250 plank and tart it up a bit. Don't come crying once it's in your hands".

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• I take it none if you have seen his 6k epiphone double neck sg?! Check it out lol
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    edited September 2017
    Ts & Cs:

"Instruments listed via eBay are often listed elsewhere for sale as well as made available direct via our website and as such, some items may be ‘sold’ prior to your purchase - in this instance, a guitar of equal quality and production value / designation shall be automatically produced for you immediately and dispatched as soon as possible – because of this, please note that the instrument received may vary slightly from that pictured."

http://www.thepaintedplayer.co.uk/

One to avoid. You'd have to be a complete fuckwit to buy this crap.

Worth reporting to eBay, perhaps?
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fuckwits happen.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Philtre said:
    Ts&Cs:

"Instruments listed via eBay are often listed elsewhere for sale as well as made available direct via our website and as such, some items may be ‘sold’ prior to your purchase - in this instance, a guitar of equal quality and production value / designation shall be automatically produced for you immediately and dispatched as soon as possible – because of this, please note that the instrument received may vary slightly from that pictured."

http://www.thepaintedplayer.co.uk/

One to avoid. You'd have to be a complete fuckwit to buy this crap.

Worth reporting to eBay, perhaps?

Worth avoiding like the plague more like. How does he come up with the pricing? ,

He will produce another guitar "immediately" ..... Which I assume takes him a day or so  to make one  of his "masterpieces" which is a 250  quid guitar with some screw driver marks and a couple of upgrades.... Then  charges 8 times the price... Makes perfect sense. 
    edited September 2017
    And:

"Any and all accessories mentioned as part of the listing, including cases, may also vary subject to availability."

i.e you might or might not get the extras that we show you.
  • If it's the guy I think it is, he has a 6 month waiting list on the Noel Gallagher Union Jack sheratons alone. 
    I'm sure they do a good paint job - if you already have a guitar for them to work on. But those ebay prices and Ts & Cs are bullshit.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    I bet he knows it's for people to hang on the wall and thats why he starts off with the cheapest correct looking guitar. Maximum profit. No point in using a higher quality starting guitar if it's never going to be played.
  • This seller has got on my nerves for years.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    Basingstoke. Taste-free zone.
  • "The Painted Player Guitar Co.® is a Registered Trademark"

This can be easily checked here, and, he's lying. I can only conclude that the reset of his terms and conditions are bullshit as well. Would not touch with a bargepole.