Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Generous ebay dealer

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1292
    Jack_ said:
    That's actually comical, 1.5k for a CV with a few "upgrades".

If that goes for anything more than £500 then I'm in the wrong business.
    Having heard CV series are a good bang for the buck I thought I could give one a hug. I usually sort the stuff on feebay highest price first so you can imagine that look on my face when the first result from the top I got was £1499. For a Chinese squier!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    "The Painted Player Guitar Co.® is a Registered Trademark"

This can be easily checked here, and, he's lying. I can only conclude that the reset of his terms and conditions are bullshit as well. Would not touch with a bargepole.
    Apparently, "it is illegal to use the ® symbol or state that the trademark is registered until the trademark has in fact been registered"

https://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/intellectual_property
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    edited September 2017

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6117
    Lord I've seen some bollocks on evilbay in my time but that ad really takes the biscuit.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • I've had dealings with this guy. He buys on eBay under a different username. In my case he bought a Strat from me, and after loads of really detailed exchanges of pics and information and agreement on a price, once delivered he then attempted to use some bollocks about the hard case not being in mint condition and the implicit threat of having to return it to me to negotiate money off. All of which is laughable when you read the bullshit terms and conditions he expects others to agree to.  The guitar was no doubt destined to be repainted and sold on. 

His T&Cs - as well as being ridiculously unfair - are contrary to eBay policy, so I'm amazed he's still on there. 

And yeah - claiming a trade mark as registered when it isn't is both an offence and questions his overall integrity.

People do seem to buy them though!
  • Like redrighthand pointed out.Not only are some dealers happy to over hype and over price the items they sell.They are also to quick to screw the poor guy that originally sells them the item.I have had this problem in the past. 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    The tele listed on July 11th... squier CV body with Mexican neck and hardware. £1799. 

Really? Really?? You can buy the two guitars in question for HALF the amount they're charging. Apparently the Jap model wasn't cost effective anymore as it was going to be pushed to £2199. Do people actually buy this?
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    It's a shame their prices (I know, I know, people can charge what they want) are such a pisstake, I'd have had that Pikachu guitar.
  • DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    This seller has got on my nerves for years.
    This! I've wondered if he's actually sold them, but here you go! 
  • One of the other ID's used on eBay is smermixsatan.

You can track thepaintedplayer.co.uk back to a Facebook page in the name of James Walsh (located in Basingstoke). Must be the same guy.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• Arktik83 said:
    The prices of those tarted up budget guitars you could get a used custom shop of that brand.  Astonishing people pay that kind of money for those guitars.
    well you know what they say "A fool and his money soon party"
  • It's also quite clear that if you buy one, it's very likely to be a completely different guitar to the one pictured and described. Surely this goes against ebay's terms in a very fundamental way?