Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Jeff Beck demos...

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2612
edited September 2017 in Guitar tFB Trader

Man I love watching him play so much.. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• He's a great player. He does seem to play a lot of Whale music though :)
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2612
    tFB Trader
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Brilliant. One of my all time favourite players and influences. A true musician who understands and can control every aspect of a guitar. And he doesn't always bother with gonzo blues based rock or shrieking sweeping indulgence - which seems to alienate many.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    ask him to play Hi Ho and that'll take the smugness off....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • Where Were You is truly lovely - but the use of the trem on everything irritates me. I wish he'd play 'straighter' from time to time - the trem thing really gets in the way of my enjoyment of his more recent work.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30303
    I like something with a bit more rhythm.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    I like his playing a lot, but I prefer his live stuff overall. Listening to instrumental studio albums I almost get a bit ....... bored isn't the word, but I sure know when I've had enough.

I'm really into a live album of his at the moment, and in particular his rendition of a Day in the life.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14345
    tFB Trader
    I saw that show and recall he finished of with 'somewhere over the rainbow' - I went up to my guitar room after and spent about 2 hours playing around with that tune as some form of an instrumental - To be influenced by him and his ideas but not copying as such - Later my wife said she thought it was some of my best playing - I thought she was joking - I was so frustrated that such a simple tune could not be played in the way I wanted and it was the closest I have ever come to walking away from the guitar and packing in playing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Wonderful guitarist. Where Were You gets me every time.

It's not a competition.
  • Obviously, he is on a complete other plane of existance to other mere mortals...  he is exceptional. But has been mentioned, please leave that bloody wiggle stick alone.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    Love the quote of Barney Kessel's Cry Me A River intro at the start of the first video
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    I don't really know much of his work, except that he played on Roger Water's Amused to Death and that's got some killer guitar parts, so I like him. Where, as a novice, should I start listening with him?
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Go back to the older stuff and you won't hear the trem so much - especially Wired and Blow by Blow
    Can I throw this into the mix...

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10454
    For me it's the control of the trem and the volume control that gives him that expression .... what he does is insanely difficult but he makes it look easy but sound awesome 

Love this :-1: 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Wired is still one of my fave recordings.  Goodbye pork pie hat for me is the stand out track.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited September 2017
    Heard a new Van Morrison track on the radio the other day and im pretty sure its Beck playing guitar on it. Certainly sounded like his more recent warblings. His tone is incredible. I love his older stuff and i loved the JBJ young guns soundtrack stuff.

@SimpleSimon Well spotted. I looked it up (I'm not apologising - I'm a nerd) and it's called Transformation, apparently.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12671
    AlexC said:
    @SimpleSimon Well spotted. I looked it up (I'm not apologising - I'm a nerd) and it's called Transformation, apparently.
    Yep, I heard that in the car and its unmistakably Jeff.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited September 2017
    AlexC said:
    Was waiting for some one to flame me for getting it wrong! So its good to know i was right! For once!