Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Has Henning Pauly just nuked his credibility?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Three-ColourSunburstThree-ColourSunburst Frets: 1139
    edited September 2017
    Philly_Q said:

I wonder if this is driven not by Chapman but by Thomann.  They send him guitars for review quick impression, he makes some negative comments (or positive comments which inspire negative comments)  which might cost them some sales, he pulls the video for fear of damaging his relationship with Thomann. 

Plenty of people have posted negative comments on his channel about their Harley Benton guitars, after sales service and so on, and he has never deleted a video or, so far as one can tell, any comments in response. (There are plenty of critical comments if one looks for them.) This suggests that Thomann know that trying to 'do a Mesa' is usually hugely counter-productive and that the pressure has come from elsewhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:

Thanks for the background info @Three-ColourSunburst

The comments he makes in this current video about the misaligned tuners, faulty swtch etc being "not a big deal" are ridiculous.  That's been the whole point about budget guitars made in Korea and more recently Indonesia and China, the parts and components may not be the highest-spec but the quality control is generally excellent.

I wonder if this is driven not by Chapman but by Thomann.  They send him guitars for review quick impression, he makes some negative comments (or positive comments which inspire negative comments)  which might cost them some sales, he pulls the video for fear of damaging his relationship with Thomann. 

What ever the truth might be, you are left with the distinct impression that he upset either Chapman or Thomann. Always better to stand by your opinion and address in a follow up or headline comment, than delete the content in my opinion...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The other Henning is much better:

"I was watching the football the other night. Austria-Hungary."
    "Oh yeah, who were they playing?"
    I really like Henning Wehn. Henning Pauly is like the Timmy Mallett of Youtube guitar reviews.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22970
    I like Henning Wehn.  I hope they let him stay after Brexit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:

Thanks for the background info @Three-ColourSunburst

The comments he makes in this current video about the misaligned tuners, faulty swtch etc being "not a big deal" are ridiculous.  That's been the whole point about budget guitars made in Korea and more recently Indonesia and China, the parts and components may not be the highest-spec but the quality control is generally excellent.

I'm can't really see Thomann forcing him to drop the video, as ultimately poor quality will cost Thomann far more by stocking Chapman Guitars with poor quality control in the form of paying for returns and so on. 

I imagine Pauly has given other products poor videos which have been stocked by Thomann but never pulled a video; this exception seems to be reserved for Chapman. 

Whether Chapman Guitars asked him to pull the video is something everyone outside can only speculate upon but to others it seems they broke their mantra of 'not being a dick'.  Oddly enough, it's seems unsurprising too....

• Sassafras said:
    When did Henning Pauly have credibility? Talks too much, isn't nearly as funny as he thinks he is (read: he isn't funny).
    Funny for a German though.
    Try the other Henning. Flipping hilarious. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danji said:
    Is everything Chapman related thought to have holy cow status? 
    Yeah and I've never understood it 

Fender Fanboy
    Always looking for an excuse to buy another Stratocaster 

"So, no kidding, there I was, Clapton to my left, Hendrix to my right, me in the middle playing my 1943 Fender Les Paul." 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    So.. watched his video finally...

"Don't form an opinion on this..."
    "It's just my impression..."

Why fucking make the video then!?!
  • Annoying twat suddenly realises that by creating a channel that reviews kit and contains opinions, people might adopt his position that they've grown to trust and act upon it.

Sorry dude, can't have it both ways - please subscribe since that's how I make money, but take everything I say with a pinch of salt.

Fool.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom