Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PMT Northampton Issues

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NeilNeil Frets: 3637
    TBH you shouldn't have accepted a 3-4 week repair time in the first place, just demanded a replacement.

With the sort of wait you have had I'd ask for a new replacement anyway now.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerx said:
    https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/

Go to Clause 10. 
    Particularly Clause 10.3.1. 

10.3. In the event of a valid warranty claim being made pursuant to clause 10.1.4, you shall notify us of the defect in accordance with clause 7.5 and we will either:

10.3.1. replace the Goods if they are in stock; arrange a repair (if older than 30 calendar days) or

10.3.2. refund or re-credit you the price;

at your option (if within 30 calendar days). Provided that if the claim is made on or after thirty (30) calendar days of dispatch of your Order, we reserve the right to charge you for our reasonable costs for dealing with your claim.

(Cut and pasted from the t+c's). 

Unless of course their online terms & conditions differ THAT much to instore purchases (save from distance selling). 

Worth using against them though mate. 

Once again I despair, being 9 years into a retail 'career' myself, if what you say is true, they've done nothing but give x amount of potential customers a reason not to shop with them. 

Or they could have chosen to give great customer service and straight up swap the guitar out or refund you, thus keeping you sweet and keeping you spending money with em in future, and not having a negative forum thread against them which hundreds of people will view. 

Why?! Why o why o why. 7 bloody weeks for a nut swap, which if its gone back to the manufacturer, you can bet they will just send a new guitar anyway. 

Madness. 

N to think Pmt turned me down for a job. 

Oooh I'm sour! 

This is much appreciated. 

The last reason it was taking so long was that (apparently) the nut on these Encore "Strats" are a different size/shape to their Fender counterparts and they have been waiting on the right one. 

In my humble (and frequently wrong) opinion, a luthier worth his salt would be able to get around this. 

But then again, I just play them, I don't fix them 
    Fender Fanboy
    Always looking for an excuse to buy another Stratocaster 

"So, no kidding, there I was, Clapton to my left, Hendrix to my right, me in the middle playing my 1943 Fender Les Paul." 
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    From my own experiences shopping at PMT, they seem to deal in an awful lot of what I consider to be B-stock. 
  • mbe said:
    From my own experiences shopping at PMT, they seem to deal in an awful lot of what I consider to be B-stock. 

Exactly my experience. They also won't (IME) order in new amps if you want a brand new boxed one because the floor one is a little tatty.
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 884
    The Southend shop is near me and I've spent thousands there since it opened. When we had a problem with my son's Orange amp they swapped it out without hesitation on the spot. They're always happy to to negotiate a competitive price. The guys on the shop floor have generally improved over the last 15 years - they don't do that PC World thing of saying anything regardless of truthfulness in order to win a sale. 
  • oskal682 said:
    Sassafras said:
    Crikey!
    I didn't even realise Encores were still being made.
    They aren't, but I use mine for gig guitars. They are cheap, sound ok when set up and it doesn't matter if they get damaged. Unlike my American Special Strat. 
    I stand corrected: a company called JHS own the encore brand and are still producing them. I understand Trev Wilkinson was part of their design team up until recently. 
    Fender Fanboy

"So, no kidding, there I was, Clapton to my left, Hendrix to my right, me in the middle playing my 1943 Fender Les Paul." 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7837
    I've picked it up safely (i.e. without buying anything) and I'll drop it back on Saturday.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:
    I've picked it up safely (i.e. without buying anything) and I'll drop it back on Saturday.

Many thanks. 
    Fender Fanboy

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Paul_C said:

That's given an otherwise disgusting day a small lift.
    Ash is right this place is awesome when it gets going on something.

Nice one Paul.
  • Alnico said:
    Paul_C said:

That's given an otherwise disgusting day a small lift.
    Ash is right this place is awesome when it gets going on something.

Nice one Paul.
    I don't think it would have been resolved if I hadn't posted on here, so that's a win

Funnily enough PMT have just contacted me to say the luthier is working on it and it will be ready Saturday!
    Fender Fanboy

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lol, no nuts the right size? 

Tbh they should have replaced it in the first instance if they had any clue on what makes good customer service. 

You were within your rights for a refund/exchange or repair in the first place, but a repair on a brand new item always leaves a sour taste. 

Have they not heard of nut blanks and a file?. If they did insist on repair, a small upgrade to a bone or tusq nut (cheaper than chips anyway) would have atleast made you happier than having to wait 7 weeks on a plastic jobbie. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I picked the guitar up today- all good. 

Thanks to everyone who helped, especially Paul. 
    Fender Fanboy

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11872
    edited September 2017
    Just to say I went in today with my ID Core 20 which has a dead power supply, the manager chap ordered a new one from Blackstar (after already checking to see if there were spares in the shop) I was only in there five mins.

So with the OPs issue resolved hopefully we can give a thumbs up to PMT on this one!

Edit: Well assuming it comes in, but Blackstar could drive it there in 20 mins!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...